cases for liquid submerged system?

Imaulle

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello,

I'm getting ready to do my next system build and instead of mineral oil, I'll be using 3M Novec 7000 seen here: http://vimeo.com/37127378

it looks like I'll probably be needing to custom build my own encloser, but I was wondering if there are maybe a few cases already out there for builds like this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Not that I have seen. You may be able to get a rough prototype by getting some plexi and making a rectangular box and sealing the edges with silicon. I think with the way the Novec 7000 works you would want to enclose the top...

Keep us posted on this build, I for one am very intrigued

Other than an aquarium, I don't know of any other premade submerge enclosure. But if you sketch it out I can fab it up for you. Should be a very intriguing project indeed!

sorry missed these replies!! I'll try to see what I can sketch. I'm thinking though a vertical case that is completly sealed, and then just a heat sink / exchanger at the top. I'd like to keep the entire thing very solid/smooth as to help keep dust buildup/cleaning easy. the thing I'm not sure about is what to do with the PSU. I'd like the case to be kinda slim and maybe have the psu outside? I imagine if I have the psu inside the case will need to be a lot bigger. I dono still putting together some ideas

Back