Case with the most fans?

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering if anybody thinks they have the most fans on there case and a pic would be nice.... I just want to see how
[H]ard ppl go with air cooling.

Thanks,
Foz

That tower of rage wouldnt be too extreme once i start on my tower torado project in a couple of months...........we'll see.........

Wow I've never seen so many fans in one case I bet that thing is super loud.

Originally posted by henesseynalert
That tower of rage wouldnt be too extreme once i start on my tower torado project in a couple of months...........we'll see.........

There comes a point where all you are doing is adding more turbulence and actually hurting cooling.

Originally posted by Magic H8 Ball
There comes a point where all you are doing is adding more turbulence and actually hurting cooling.
I don't see how turbulence would hurt cooling. If anything, turbulence would help dislodge heat pockets around densely packed heatsink fin arrays.

there was a server at some point in time with fans all the way across front and back.

maybe 12 on front and 10 on back.

no cd drives, nothing but 7-10 harddrives and mobo with stuff.

like this:
___
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
on front and
___
|X |
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|
|XX|

on back, where every X is a fan.

*cough*

fanorama.jpg

*cough*

Originally posted by Ravenrex
With those many fans it should hover.

lol.

that is a "cool" case :p

also wut do u have covering the fans on the outside? is it wire

Originally posted by xonik
I don't see how turbulence would hurt cooling. If anything, turbulence would help dislodge heat pockets around densely packed heatsink fin arrays.

????

Turbulence HURTS airflow. Quite contrary to your thinking, turbulence would create "heat pockets." Ever seen a video of somebody white-water rafting getting stuck inside a particularly turbulent bit of water? Same idea.

Back