Case Window

NewBlackDak

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought an Antec SLK3700AMB, and I think the case is great.

I'd like to put in a window. I've done several window mods, but they all used that fugly black strip. My wife says it makes it look like an easy-bake oven. I agree that it looks like crap aswell. What do you use to get a good looking case window without that stripping?

Originally posted by Dragon13
You could alway's use Door Edge Guard/Trim from auto parts store's instead.
yeah I agree..Im not sure what color tha case you bought is, but if its black, get some chrome c-strip molding from an auto parts store and try that out. Looks really good
=)

I have been told that you can just cut the plexi a bit wider than the hole and use silicone adhesive to attach it, so no screws or molding. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
I have been told that you can just cut the plexi a bit wider than the hole and use silicone adhesive to attach it, so no screws or molding. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.

Works like a charm, although I used epoxy on mine, a little messy but it got the job done nicely. :)

I used bolt on mine... the nuts on the outside are the rounded kind so it looks like little studs. I like it alot.

Originally posted by Fox2k
yeah I agree..Im not sure what color tha case you bought is, but if its black, get some chrome c-strip molding from an auto parts store and try that out. Looks really good
=)

That is a slick idea.

I'm not really sure what color it is either!! :D

All the descriptions call it bronze, but it looks more like a gunmetal or graphite. The grey vinyl dye I got from ABC matches it perfectly.

I might try the chrome strip and silicon, because the finish has metalflake in it. It will be very hard to match and try to spray the edge I cut.

Picture004.jpg

im not sure wut there called i guess they could be nuts and bolts but the nuts are round and smooth

(old picture the inside is a lot cleaner now no wires showing)

Originally posted by DRJ1014
http://www.photodump.com/direct/DRJ1014/Picture004.jpg[IMG]

im not sure wut there called i guess they could be nuts and bolts but [u]the nuts are round and smooth[/u]

(old picture the inside is a lot cleaner now no wires showing) [/B][/QUOTE]

:D

/chuckle

The rounded nuts u are speaking of are called "Acorn" nuts
Clean easy way to cover a bolt or fine machined screw with out losing the looks,this is what u speak of. Acorn Nut

Anybody tried rivets?
That would probably look nice and clean.

Imma have to think of something original now.
The acorn nut idea is kinda kewl, but it reminds me of saddlebags on harleys. Dunno if I'm really going for that look.

If it was me id take the plexi and cover out in the shop,mill the cover till i get the cut out for the plexi to the shape i want,then put a fine twist cutting bit in the quill and machine just enuff of the plexi on the outside edges off so that when i put the plexi in the cover it sits flush with the cover,then i would take and cover the whole thing in tape,drill some nice even holes in the plexi thats under the metal cover,pull the tape off,fire up the plastic welder and put some verry clean clear plastic welding tube in,let it get warm as i make a clean even place to lay the cover on,fill the holes i drilled b4 in wiht the plastic letting them bead up on the inside and then while thats cooling id use some clear RTV to hold the plexi to the cover,once your done and its all cool,pull it from the spot u layed it,clean any plastic that ran out under the cover,put it on your pc and let the lights shine:cool: should look nice with light comming through the lil clear plastic filled holes around the plexi.

how about somthing like this

Picture00404.jpg

what you do is draw on the plexi where the window is then you take a router and trim off 1mm on the outside not the big part (off of the edges)

then you use glue or som type of bonding material and put it around the edges and its just a window and nothing else

Back