Case Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Perilous, May 3, 2016.

1. Perilous

Perilous Gawd

Looking to downgrade in size from my NZXT Switch 810 Case. This thing is just so massive and takes up so much room.

What would you guys recommend that will fit my E-ATX Motherboard. It is an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z. Current plan is to keep my components and just swap my case for now. After the next wave of CPU's hit I intend to do an incremental upgrade.

2. Zohar78

Zohar78 [H]ard|Gawd

have you looked at the nzxt s340? or the h440?

3. Perilous

Perilous Gawd

the S340 does appeal to me, however, I'm unsure if my motherboard would fit. The H440 is just as large as the Switch 810 isn't it?

4. Zohar78

Zohar78 [H]ard|Gawd

eyah.. I couldn't find out exactly, saw a post or two it does, but also it doesn't say on manufactures site.

according to this post the h440 is smaller, but how much I don't know.. full tower vs mid tower... though sometimes "mid" seems to be used loosely in cases.
    NZXT H440 vs NZXT Phantom 820 vs NZXT Phantom Switch 810

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  5. htphm42

htphm42 Gawd

I recommend the Phantek P400S. I just got one, and it's tiny for a full ATX case plus it'll fit an E-ATX motherboard just fine (given that you're gonna give up access to a couple of rubber grommets). The build quality is great for the price, and it looks great too :)

6. Zohar78

Zohar78 [H]ard|Gawd

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  7. silent-circuit

silent-circuit [H]ardForum Junkie

I've got a S340 now -- swapped out of my Silverstone FT-02 for the same reason, just too big, lots of unused space. Found this thread where a guy put an eATX board in the S340, so it may be possible, but could depend on the board layout. As for S340 vs P400, looks like similar-ish price-points (within $10 or so) and layouts, so I guess it's whichever aesthetic you prefer.

I haven't seen / worked with a Phanteks Eclipse, but I will say that the S340, while very attractive (to my mind) is not the best built thing in the world. It at times feels a bit flimsy, and a few things like the cheap style bottom air filter and the front air filter only having 2 magnets to hold it on when it should have 4 detract a bit. That said, it's very easy to build in and extremely compact. I don't think it would be possible to get my setup in anything smaller, given the crazy length of my graphics cards (12.4").

8. bigyellocup

bigyellocup n00b

That's pretty rad for the price.

9. silent-circuit

silent-circuit [H]ardForum Junkie

Some of Silverstone's higher end options (Temjin and Fortress series, for example). Mountain Mods if you want something huge and crazy. People say the Phanteks Enthoo Primo cases are very well built, as well as the EVOLV.

10. Zurginator

Zurginator Gawd

I've owned 2 top-end Lian-Li towers, and just bought an In Win 805. It absolutely contends when it comes to quality.