Case Suggestions Please

Perilous

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to downgrade in size from my NZXT Switch 810 Case. This thing is just so massive and takes up so much room.

What would you guys recommend that will fit my E-ATX Motherboard. It is an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z. Current plan is to keep my components and just swap my case for now. After the next wave of CPU's hit I intend to do an incremental upgrade.

eyah.. I couldn't find out exactly, saw a post or two it does, but also it doesn't say on manufactures site.

according to this post the h440 is smaller, but how much I don't know.. full tower vs mid tower... though sometimes "mid" seems to be used loosely in cases.
NZXT H440 vs NZXT Phantom 820 vs NZXT Phantom Switch 810

Last edited:
I recommend the Phantek P400S. I just got one, and it's tiny for a full ATX case plus it'll fit an E-ATX motherboard just fine (given that you're gonna give up access to a couple of rubber grommets). The build quality is great for the price, and it looks great too :)

Last edited:
I've got a S340 now -- swapped out of my Silverstone FT-02 for the same reason, just too big, lots of unused space. Found this thread where a guy put an eATX board in the S340, so it may be possible, but could depend on the board layout. As for S340 vs P400, looks like similar-ish price-points (within $10 or so) and layouts, so I guess it's whichever aesthetic you prefer.

I haven't seen / worked with a Phanteks Eclipse, but I will say that the S340, while very attractive (to my mind) is not the best built thing in the world. It at times feels a bit flimsy, and a few things like the cheap style bottom air filter and the front air filter only having 2 magnets to hold it on when it should have 4 detract a bit. That said, it's very easy to build in and extremely compact. I don't think it would be possible to get my setup in anything smaller, given the crazy length of my graphics cards (12.4").

that's a swank case
Phanteks Eclipse Series PH-EC416P_AG Anthracite Grey Steel ATX Mid Tower Cases (Computer Cases - ATX Form) - Newegg.com

Looks like it still gives some options for water cooling, and more fans for better cooling. and decent price.

in case your wandering what the difference between the p400 and p400s. The P400S includes top ventilation covers with soundproofing layer, front and side panels with soundproofing layers and also an integrated 3-speed fan controller.

That's pretty rad for the price.

Anything Lian-Li is always a solid choice.. .I'm currently trying to find any other companies that contend with the quality.

Some of Silverstone's higher end options (Temjin and Fortress series, for example). Mountain Mods if you want something huge and crazy. People say the Phanteks Enthoo Primo cases are very well built, as well as the EVOLV.

Anything Lian-Li is always a solid choice.. .I'm currently trying to find any other companies that contend with the quality.
I've owned 2 top-end Lian-Li towers, and just bought an In Win 805. It absolutely contends when it comes to quality.

Back