• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Case/Sleeve/Backpack recommendation needed

AristonCC

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
77
I am contemplating getting a motorcycle in the next few months (Yamaha FZ6) and need some recommended cases that I can use to carry my 12" iBook. I'd be interested in some sort of hard cover sleeve or something that I can then put inside of a backpack. The goal is to protect the iBook as much as possible in the even I take a spill. All I need to carry is the iBook, my wireless mouse, my Firelite firewire hard drive, and the necessary cables.

Any suggestions?
 
I just bought a 15" Powerbook and searched long and hard for a reasonably priced, nicely manufactured case. I found a MacCase Sleeve at CompUSA that I really liked, but they wanted $40. At Ecost.com I found the sleeve and a messenger bag for $20 and free shipping. The two items together make a perfect match and they are very well made. You can't go wrong, but it is not a hard case. MacCase also has a line of hard sleeves if I am not mistaken. You should give them a try.
 
lets see... motorcycle... id recommend something along the lines of steel. you know, just in case. ;)

plus itd allow you to make a much nicer dent into ricers as they pass by... :p
 
Those Axio cases look awesome. The top of the list has one specifically for sport/touring motorcyclists...very nice find:

http://www.axio-usa.com/html/p1.html#

$134.95 isn't that bad for a nice hardcase for the laptop. Maybe a sleeve on top of that would be nice protection. I'll probably end up getting this one.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top