Case Shopping

Dekoth-E-

Supreme [H]ardness
I need a little help here and you guys are always a source of great information. I have decided that it is time to replace my case and I am looking for a particular theme. I used to just pick a case and paint it how I wanted, but these days I just don't have the time or work space to do so.

What I am seeking as I am having a hard time finding it.

Mandatory things
  1. Mid Tower ATX Case, Not a fan of full towers. I want to keep it fairly portable as I tend to disassemble it often and frankly don't like lugging around a full size case.
  2. All Aluminum, that means all aluminum not steel with an aluminum faceplate.
  3. Black exterior, Red Interior Or Red exterior Black interior. I can go either way with the design I have in mind. I just can't do a solid inside and out color.
  4. USB ports being on the top front of the bezel, or slightly behind it. I want to be able to actually use them. If they are in the top middle that is too far back and they become unusable for me.

Optional
  1. Tooless is a plus
  2. Bottom mounted PSU is a plus
  3. Rear ports for water cooling tube passthrough is a plus
  4. Support for 120mm or larger front intake fan and rear exhaust is a plus.

If possible I would like to keep it under $350, though a nice enough case and I can flex on this. I have had my Lian-li for 6+ years now and it still looks new, so I don't mind investing.

The red is probably going to be what limits you. That with all Aluminum. You have a few Lian Li options from what I can remember.

Lian Li PC-8FI and possibly the Lian Li PC-X900.

Edit - Never mind. These don't have the 2 tone look you are going for.

The Lian Li Armorsuit PC-50-R is probably the only one thats gonna meet your criteria with black and red interior and being aluminum. You have some options with Lancool but they are steel cases not aluminum. You can find some all black interior/exterior mid tower aluminum Lian Li's as well.

Here is a link to the Lian Li Armorsuit PC-50-R. If I got this case, I'd probably swap out the side panel cause I don't like the dragon.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=product_info&cPath=103_104&products_id=25716

Yea It was looking like the PC-50R was about my only choice. The case is nice aside from the door. I actually like the PC-8fir the best, but it is a solid color so that eliminates it. Seems to be getting harder and harder to find unique solid aluminum cases.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I will just have to go with the PC-P50R. Not that it is a bad case and I do love Lian-li.

That said,
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...duct_info&cPath=130_158_711&products_id=27604
Turns out the Side panel for the PC-8FIR happens to fit the P50 as well. Case is $205 off Amazon and the panel is $75 so that keeps me below budget and I can live with that.

Unless someone knows of some really great non mainstream cases being sold somewhere else that meets my criteria this is what I will do. Gonna buy it after christmas so I will keep watching this thread.

Back