Case Shopping.

Suck_My_Deck

[H]F Junkie
So I am in the market for a new case. I love my Lian Li PC-61 but the lack of cooling and space is starting to bother me. Ever since I installed this 700Watt PSU I've felt this case is just too small for what I am trying to cram in to it and now that I am going to SLI, that's doubly true.

I've been shopping around for a while but I can't really see anything I like, or like enough to spend $200 on it which is about the top of my budget.

What I need is a steel or aluminum case that features enough 120mm fans for sufficient cooling and enough space to cram my gear in without being overly giant. I looked at the Cooler Master ATCS 840, but after a friend bought one I realized it's far too big to be practical. I do my move my computer about sometimes so I don't really want a huge case. Another requirement I have is that it be mad of as much metal as possible. I work at a specialty coating company and the R&D guy has offered to coat my case for free, but plastics might melt in the oven. I really like that my Lian Li is almost 100% aluminum with very few plastic parts and none that can't be removed.

I've looking at Lian Li cases, namely because I really do love them. But all of the mid-towers between $100-$200 don't have enough cooling for my taste. Most of them only feature 2x120mm fans and if one of those is covered by an H50 what good will it do?

So, what can the [H] recommend for me?

CoolerMaster Evo 830 has been on sale from time to time at newegg for 130 shipped. I liked this case better than my 800D quality wise. It also has casters to roll around on and good handles to pick it up. It is on the big side but great for air cooling. If i could return this 800D, i would in a heartbeat to go back to the Evo 830.

A little over your $200.00 mark, but check out http://www.mountainmods.com/pinnacle-18-cyo-p-499.html for really nice tower case that is made completely out of aluminum. Or for something similar but smaller have a look at http://www.mountainmods.com/monticle-18-cyo-p-501.html
That is $70 over my budget. Sorry but I think case windows are for 15 year olds. I'm not really seeing what makes that case worth the money. I'm trying not to me overly picky about the choice, but aestetics are important and so is price for quality. If I were going to spend that much on a case I would rather have the ATCS or 800D

CoolerMaster Evo 830 has been on sale from time to time at newegg for 130 shipped. I liked this case better than my 800D quality wise. It also has casters to roll around on and good handles to pick it up. It is on the big side but great for air cooling. If i could return this 800D, i would in a heartbeat to go back to the Evo 830.
I had looked at the Stacker 830's but it was my understanding most the bezels were crafted from plastic. We do have some pretty ace plastic coatings but none in the colors I want.

Back