Case shopping is so hard.

M4573R

Gawd
I'm really digging corsair cases, and the 650d would be great, but the usb 3.0 pass-through is a deal breaker, and I really don't want the hot-swappable bay on top. Why can't Lian Li and Corsair just join forces? Could you imagine a Corsair case made of aluminum? Been eyeing the FT02, but it has depth limitations for heatsinks. The newer Lian Li cases seem to be going backwards in design with the lack of dust filters and massively negative air pressure. Does anyone know if Corsair is planning on launching a v2 of the 650D, or something to replace it?

Just get yourself one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162012

The Corsair 550d does have the internal header already. It is a little smaller and lacks a window. It also has a bottom fan mounting point, and filters everywhere. The 650d has an intake filter for the front 200mm fan and for the power supply. By my eyeball estimate, the 650d top mounting points will accommodate a 30mm radiator (thickness) and one 25-38mm fan at the most. I have an H100 in push and have plenty of room between the fan and the board, but probably not enough for another set of fans for push/pull. I'll have to give it a try just to see how it fits.

The 600T has been pretty popular, especially the special white edition.

That is very cool. I will have to suggest that to my father whose computer I built in a 650D. He was more than a little put-off by the cables routing out the back of his case. I'll admit, the 550D looks mighty fine. I was hoping for a window this time around because I'd like to sleeve my power supply (and show it off of course), but window mods aren't that hard, right? I would also paint the front I/O shield black. Honestly I think the 600T looks terrible. Something about rounded edges on a case that I will just never like. That connector changes things though, kind of a tossup between the 650 and 550. (still wish they were aluminum)

The FT02 is gigantic, just fair warning. I love mine, but going from a A05B to this... my god. Almost 3x the volume and 4x the weight.

I agree it is hard finding a good case these days. Too many concentrate on looks and not functionality. All these cases that have flat plastic front with no vents are useless to me. I want a case that actually has decent cooling.

Case shopping has gotten quite a bit easier these days, actually. Step 1: Buy a Lian Li T60. There is no step two :)

Well, in my recent research, it seems as though Lian-Li is going to be your best bet if you want an aluminum case of good quality. Your only other options are going to be some of the Silverstone cases, but Silverstone will charge you an arm and a leg for those.

The 650D is actually my second choice case right now, just shy of the NZXT Switch 810, but the Switch is most definitely not for everyone - it's big and far from the sleek design of either the 650D or LianLi cases. The 650D would be an excellent choice, with the adapter mentioned above to get the front USB 3 ports on your internal mobo header.

Indeed. Its looking like the 650D with adapter is my best option. I love Lian Li, and I've gone over their cases again and again, but they know how to perfectly NOT put every feature into one case. Plus only a couple have the innards painted black.

Currently looking up the best way to get positive air pressure in the 650D. I'm leaning more towards the FT02 still, but am worried about my Twin Frozr cards being in the vertical position.

Last edited:
But there are so many... things on it...

I always loved the x2000 from Lian Li, and looking back it still looks amazing. I tried the x500 but immediately returned it because of how flimsy it was. It also seriously needed some anti-vibration mounts for the side panel.

I have the x2000f and it's by far the most amazing case I've ever owed. I'm probably going to keep this case until the day I stop building computers.

The x2000 is waaay too big. I'd go for the x900 since it has a window, and I'm not a huge fan of the sideways 5.25" drives since there are openings on both sides. Everything looked good until I saw the usb 3.0 pass-through cables again. There is always that adapter, but why do they keep doing this to us? They need to release "Fv2" versions on top of their "F" versions.

The x2000 is waaay too big. I'd go for the x900 since it has a window, and I'm not a huge fan of the sideways 5.25" drives since there are openings on both sides. Everything looked good until I saw the usb 3.0 pass-through cables again. There is always that adapter, but why do they keep doing this to us? They need to release "Fv2" versions on top of their "F" versions.

They released these prior to an internal standard for USB3. Last I checked they'll send you a free replacement I/O panel.

They released these prior to an internal standard for USB3. Last I checked they'll send you a free replacement I/O panel.

Well shit. Now do I get the FT02, or the x900 (If I can find one to buy)?

Last edited:
Seems like FT02 would be cheaper and less hassle than the x900 even if I could find one. Sounds like my Twin Frozr cards will be ok in vertical positions, and the windowed FT02 will barely fit 170mm tall heatsinks.

Back