case screw question

hmm...

Weaksauce
I just got an antec slk3000 and it came with some screws with a large flat head and is only threaded halfway. What is that for?

If you look on the HDD cage, you'll see little rubber grommets where the hard drive screw holes should line up. Those screws you are talking about are for your hard drives... Once you line your hard drive up in the cage, put those funky screws in. I like this feature as it is one way Antec has provided some noise dampening in their cases.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Or as Anarchonixx stated below, they could possibly be thumbscews for the case panels. But I'm thinking that there is probably an abundance of those particular scews, and they're used for the 3.5" devices on that cage...

Some = how many? 2? Are they thumbscrews, as in, can you grip them around the head with your fingers and screw them in? If so, they're for the side panel, for easy removal without the need of a screwdriver.

EDIT: Nevermind. The above poster is probably right.

Anarchonixx said:
Some = how many? 2? Are they thumbscrews, as in, can you grip them around the head with your fingers and screw them in? If so, they're for the side panel, for easy removal without the need of a screwdriver.

EDIT: Nevermind. The above poster is probably right.

yeah, i was talking about the screws that came in the bag

yeah, their for the HDD mounting. You insert those though the Rubber Grommets that also came with the case, and then screw into the HDD's

Back