Case resolved 6-17-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky2002

Gawd
well...
finally, I got the money back less shipping.
This matter is finally settled.

thanks to ufokiller and tron.

but.. the reality is that my card never did come.
and he is not willing to refund me my money.
I have waited for 3 months.
Ok..... I would like a fair judgement.
I would like to know the opinions of the forum as a whole.

Please give me your opinions regarding this matter.
I would take decision made by "majority".

thanks

sky2002 said:
but.. the reality is that my card never did come.
and he is not willing to refund me my money.
I have waited for 3 months.
Ok..... I would like a fair judgement.
I would like to know the opinions of the forum as a whole.

Please give me your opinions regarding this matter.
I would take decision made by "majority".

thanks

it sounds to me like everyone else got their stuff, he sold a shitload of stuff. so i think your card was probably either lost by usps or stolen from your porch, neither are his fault. sorry man.

if it is stolen, then the tracking must have shown at least delivered right?
but.. the tracking number was not even valid.
I called my local Post Office and they said that the tracking number was not even valid.
Is that really possible if the item was shipped?

first off, leave negative heatware immediately if you ask me. If this asshole thinks hes not responsible for it being lost, slap him in the face until he can give a reasonable answer of who is. (only answer is himself). Aside from that, thats just being a HORRIBLE sales person.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
first off, leave negative heatware immediately if you ask me. If this asshole thinks hes not responsible for it being lost, slap him in the face until he can give a reasonable answer of who is. (only answer is himself). Aside from that, thats just being a HORRIBLE sales person.

atleast you have any idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

he PAID for the SELLERS PRODUCT, its then the SELLERS JOB to insure that HIS PRODUCT reachs HIS BUYER safely. YOU have no clue what you are talking about, and probably have next to nothing when it comes to buy/sell experience.

I am not going to get back into but It has been a month since he talked to me. Last thing I heard was he was going to bring up mail fraud charges and that was the end of it. When over a month goes by and I hear nothing I thought he got it or he was just trying to scam. I have tracking numbers that don't work yet I either got it or the seller got it. I told him I would go down Monday again and find out what happened. But since I never received it back it was stolen, he got it, or lost in the mail nothing I can do about those three. If it's my fault I will be glad to compensate his loss. But being Sunday I can't do anything till tomorrow anyway.

who cares about insurance? you should have simply got delivery confirmaton. If a DC # doesnt work, immediately take it to the post office and show them that you purchased a DC #, and its not working, if the sender claims its not found, its your fault because your # didnt work. When it comes to me sending, I get a DC #, if i dont hear back from them i assume they got it, if they say they dont get it, I would check the DC # online and if it says it was delievered, then its not my fault, thankfully I havent come to that. Other than that, i believe its my fault, and I would take it up with the post office that the DC # didnt work.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
who cares about insurance? you should have simply got delivery confirmaton. If a DC # doesnt work, immediately take it to the post office and show them that you purchased a DC #, and its not working, if the sender claims its not found, its your fault because your # didnt work. When it comes to me sending, I get a DC #, if i dont hear back from them i assume they got it, if they say they dont get it, I would check the DC # online and if it says it was delievered, then its not my fault, thankfully I havent come to that. Other than that, i believe its my fault, and I would take it up with the post office that the DC # didnt work.

it's still not his fault.... if he shipped it, which i'm pretty sure he did. it's basically out of his hands and into the post offices.

your SURE he did huh? so sure that you, another random user can prove it? Shut up, you DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, and you just proved you have next to nothing when it comes to experience

*laughs to self...haha....yea...you would know he was sure :rolleyes:

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
your SURE he did huh? so sure that you, another random user can prove it? Shut up, you DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, and you just proved you have next to nothing when it comes to experience

rofl....

you've been here a couple months. i've been here for over 4 years. :eek:

he's sold a ton of items and he's a super mod. i don't think he's going to try to screw someone. i can't prove it.... but i'd bet a lot of money on it. keep talking ;)

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:

I usually dont post about stuff like this, but are you always this much of an ass? LOOK AT ME, I MUST BE SMART SINCE I TALK IN CAPS!

He's the seller, it's his job to package it well, and ship it on time. All he has to do is prove he did. Can he? I have no idea, but he wouldn't be a mod if he couldn't hold up his end of something like this, he wouldn't have lasted this long.

Just my 2 cents,

Endscape

endscape said:
I usually dont post about stuff like this, but are you always this much of an ass? LOOK AT ME, I MUST BE SMART SINCE I TALK IN CAPS!

He's the seller, it's his job to package it well, and ship it on time. All he has to do is prove he did. Can he? I have no idea, but he wouldn't be a mod if he couldn't hold up his end of something like this, he wouldn't have lasted this long.

Just my 2 cents,

Endscape

thanks i would of dropped it long ago, but this guy is retarded and it's amusing.

That struck me as funny too. I am still relativley new to online trading, and I dont go around handing out advice. The negative heat suggestion might be warranted though...I dont know.

The whole situation seems weird, however, I am more inclined to believe a mod then anyone else. So maybe sky2002 needs to prove that it never to got to him/her/it?

If we cant trust mod's then WHO can we trust? ;) :confused:

endscape said:
That struck me as funny too. I am still relativley new to online trading, and I dont go around handing out advice. The negative heat suggestion might be warranted though...I dont know.

The whole situation seems weird

well sure the situation sucks and is a lil' odd.

but he sold a garage full of equipment and only one guy says he didn't get his item.... i mean if he was a troll, no one would have got shit.

deadoralive said:
well sure the situation sucks and is a lil' odd.

but he sold a garage full of equipment and only one guy says he didn't get his item.... i mean if he was a troll, no one would have got shit.

A good point, I wish I had been around when he was selling all that since I would have liked to pick up some of those speakers. :D

BTW added a thought to my last post. Clarifies my position a little more :)

Endscape

i got a Ti4600 and 3 or 4 20 gig hdd's from Tron without a hitch in that big sale he had a while back

ThreeDee said:
i got a Ti4600 and 3 or 4 20 gig hdd's from Tron without a hitch in that big sale he had a while back

OHHHH, so he's one of those trolls that ships what he says he will? :D :rolleyes: And let me guess, THEY WORKED? ;)

Ahhhh, good times,

Endscape

deadoralive said:
rofl....

you've been here a couple months. i've been here for over 4 years. :eek:

he's sold a ton of items and he's a super mod. i don't think he's going to try to screw someone. i can't prove it.... but i'd bet a lot of money on it. keep talking ;)

You guys dont understand, your posts are all about ASSUMING..you ASSUME since hes a super moderator that he is superior to everyone else and would never do something of this sort. In none of my posts am I taking either sides, I was posting my opinion on what the seller is responsible for doing. You simply ASSUME since he says he sent it, that he really did send it, simply because hes a super moderator. You ASSUME you are superior to me because you have been here longer (or so you think you have). Heres an ASSUMPTION for ya just to act like you. Tron discovered that this user didnt have many references, and he realizes after selling it that he really does want the card. So he goes with the flow acting as if he sent it, making up a tracking #, and finally sending it the guy who bought it. All the while simply not sending it at all, but claiming he did. Did this really happen? mabie not? but how do you know? you talk as if what you say are hard facts, with no evidence, stop being bias when it comes to situations like this.

Well, we need to make one of three assumptions. Either he didn't send it, he sent it and it got lost in the mail, or Sky2002 got it and now wants his money too. All three are possible, and the only evidence we have on the likelyhood of which one is more plausible comes down to post count and reputation. Tron wins hands down. So until I see more evidence either way, I am wayyyyy more inclined to believe what Tron says.

And why would tron try to scam a guy for a $50 some odd dollar card?

im sure UFOkillerz would be all over Tron like white on rice if Tron was trolling somebody .. unless ..of course there is a big [H] conspiracy going on here ... :eek:

post count and references? You think your references changes your mood on if you want something or not? Like I said Im not taking sides, and I dont know why you talked crap about me, when all i did was point out that you arent even presenting facts that this guy got his item and is just trying to get money back or something.

Why would he rip him off on a 50$ card? Mabie he oversold, a user above said he sold him a ti4600 also, mabie he sold one too many and transfered his paypal money to his bank account and then didnt feel like putting more money in his paypal account?

EDIT: One or two deals here and there doing that woudnt hurt his reputation, like you guys are, you assume hes innocent because its ONLY one person....how do you KNOW? And also, so if i staye dhere for another 2 years, got my heat up to about 200, you would believe me over a puny 15 heat person like me on a 3000$ laptop huh woudnt you? THATS NOT EVIDENCE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING? THATS A # AND A TITLE, THATS NOT EVIDENCE.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
post count and references? You think your references changes your mood on if you want something or not? Like I said Im not taking sides, and I dont know why you talked crap about me, when all i did was point out that you arent even presenting facts that this guy got his item and is just trying to get money back or something.

Why would he rip him off on a 50$ card? Mabie he oversold, a user above said he sold him a ti4600 also, mabie he sold one too many and transfered his paypal money to his bank account and then didnt feel like putting more money in his paypal account?

EDIT: One or two deals here and there doing that woudnt hurt his reputation, like you guys are, you assume hes innocent because its ONLY one person....how do you KNOW? And also, so if i staye dhere for another 2 years, got my heat up to about 200, you would believe me over a puny 15 heat person like me on a 3000$ laptop huh woudnt you? THATS NOT EVIDENCE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING? THATS A # AND A TITLE, THATS NOT EVIDENCE.

Well this is the first I've heard of him having a bad deal, he's made MANY. I don't think Kyle would allow a troll to be a mod period. I mean I don't know for absolute sure.... but I have to choose a side, and I have :) Who knows, who cares... it's not like it was a $1,000 system or even a $100 card.

how the hell would Kyle know that he ripped him off? Like you, he would probably take his side because he assumes that due to a little title that says "Super Moderator" below his name means no no no he would NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER rip someone off EEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER. And wow, his posts are in the thousands....oh then he MUST be telling the truth :rolleyes:

ThreeDee said:
im sure UFOkillerz would be all over Tron like white on rice if Tron was trolling somebody .. unless ..of course there is a big [H] conspiracy going on here ... :eek:

Lol, yeah. From what I've seen, these mods are pretty good at running the forums.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:

I'm not presenting any facts since there are none. And if you were offended then I'm sorry.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:

I believe that is covered in the first of the three assumptions lol. You could be right though, I guess its also possible that I'm an alien typing this with my ninth tentacle while planning on how to cook human.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
EDIT: One or two deals here and there doing that woudnt hurt his reputation, like you guys are, you assume hes innocent because its ONLY one person....how do you KNOW?

Actually, one of these deals could kill his reputation. I make people ship first if they have a single neutral heat. However, I also look at that heat entry to see if its warranted. Whether it is in this situation, well, it might be, but I think that all parties need to sit down and resolve it once and for all. But from the sound of things, Sky2002 made some threats and then communication dropped off, so what can ya do?

Endscape

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
how the hell would Kyle know that he ripped him off? Like you, he would probably take his side because he assumes that due to a little title that says "Super Moderator" below his name means no no no he would NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER rip someone off EEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER. And wow, his posts are in the thousands....oh then he MUST be telling the truth :rolleyes:

Ohhh where to start with this one. :D

Having thousands of posts does command some respect, but I will turn on this dude in a sec as soon as someone can prove that what happened to this card.

Until then, I suggest we all holster our egos and wait for some evidence.

Endscape

hey like i said im not taking a side, there isnt proof at all, no evidence, not even post count. IF tron were to do something simple like post a receipt (any person who is not stupid keeps receipts for things like this). Thats SIMPLE evidence that could EASILY be presented...but Tron doesnt seem to want to back himself up that much. whatever, im getting to ahead of myself, all im saying is, you have the right to not be judged based on the title under your name and the # in your profile, and the fact that yes, someone with tons of experience might just rip someone off.

Tron said:
But being Sunday I can't do anything till tomorrow anyway.

I do believe he wont do anything about this till monday haha :D

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
IF tron were to do something simple like post a receipt (any person who is not stupid keeps receipts for things like this).

I dont keep those reciepts. I ship the stuff and am done with it as long as I get paid. I dont think Tron should have to worry about this. But until I see evidence either way, I am still going to have to side with Tron, that is only until I see more conclusive evidence either way!

EDIT - I do keep these reciepts, but only for a short time, usually one to two weeks, since I figure that if the person has a problem with my shippment they will have contacted me by then.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
Thats SIMPLE evidence that could EASILY be presented...but Tron doesnt seem to want to back himself up that much.

How many reciepts do you have from three months ago?

Endscape

if you dont keep receipts, your pretty dumb :-/ try defending yourself in an ebay battle. Do you even check credit card statements and match them with receipts...obviously not, you dont keep your receipts.

As a madder of fact yes I do have a receipt from over 3 months ago.

EDIT ewww $62.73 receipt...mabie i didnt want to keep it after seeing that #

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
if you dont keep receipts, your pretty dumb :-/ try defending yourself in an ebay battle. Do you even check credit card statements and match them with receipts...obviously not, you dont keep your receipts.

Well, never had anyone accuse me of fraud on ebay, and all my credit cards are in perfect balance thank you very much, I have this handy program on my PDA that allows me to keep track of all my purchases.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
As a madder of fact yes I do have a receipt from over 3 months ago.

EDIT ewww $62.73 receipt...mabie i didnt want to keep it after seeing that #

Well I'm certainly impressed, what was it for? Someone needs to trot out the old "Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics" image.

I'm done with this thread untill there is more evidence.

Endscape

I'm not saying whose right or wrong on this transaction because I don't have all the facts. It is my belief, however, that a seller MUST get some type of delivery confirmation or it turns into a pointing match if a problem arises. Whenever I buy online I insist on delivery confirmation or I don't buy ;)

The first time I got his tracking number I checked it and it did not show up to be anything and right away I emailed him about it, check out the email for his reply. He assured me that he had the reciept and the everything and he did not send to the wrong address. All he did was giving me his words and all I could do at that point was to believe him on his words. He never did email me the reciept scan or anything.

I even went as far as tracking down my post man and my post office. Even talked to the manager and they could not do anything because I was not the one who shipped it. They said that the shipper had to report it, not me. I talked and talked and finally, they said that they would try their best, if I can find out the shipper address and info on item and all those. and I did find out for them. still nothing....

ohyea.. as far as proof if I ever did recieve the card, anyone from [H] is more than welcome to come over my house and search for it. Here is my address:

(Personal information removed.)

btw, if you go to Georgia Tech, it's just right across the street on campus.

Also.... I kept on telling him I am really trying my best already to work with him, but he has not even showed me a progress on what was going on.

Btw, if I can overlook this stuff for 3 months, do you think I have any reasons of trying to take the card and scam for the money? Also.. I just don't have that much time to go around and trying to track things down. I have full schedule classes that are waiting for me to go. But.. as you can see in the email, I emailed him almost religiously to get my card. but.. never got it.

Also.. is there really discrimination for trading with super mod? I mean... if that was the case, then most people would better try to trade with Noobie then. just because when the Noobie got troll, nobody cares.

Btw, I am not implying that I don't trust him, but... I have given him enough chances.

Also.. I have my paypal reciept if anyone want to see it.

Read the email.. you will see what I am talking about here

Last edited by a moderator:
troll threads normally are shut down when uninvolved 3rd parties come in demanding something, making illegal suggestions or just plain flaming or threadcrapping, this matter is under investigation..

We are watching this. Obviously if we found out that something not kosher was happening, Tron would not retain his modship. If he proves to still be the valuable trader that he has in the past multiple times, then he will stay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back