Case recommendations.

Phoenix86

Supreme [H]ardness
I am look to build a new rig in the next month or so and I'm needing a new case. This will be a completely new build, nothing from existing systems.

I'm mainly interested in a case that has good cooling, is light (probably aluminum), windowed (I'll cut if needed, but should be window mod-friendly), and PSU-less. Price isn't a major issue, but I don't like spending gobs of cash, especially on a case.

Bueller? Bueller?

Am I to assume we don't cover cases in this forum anymore? :(

Praetorian
Lian Li
Praetorian 730 (if you dont mind something a bit heavier)

you really cant go wrong with the first two. i just added the 730 in case you want something with style. :cool:

also. i would recommend cutting your own window. there are so many cases with plain boring square windows. you should make it exciting.

I'd go with the Lian Li or the Tsunami. Both are very nice cases, and the Tsunami is extremely light.

Antec / Chieftec are good cases, there is really nothing bad to say about them except some of the steel models are kinda heavy to lug around if you go to LAN parties and stuff.

Phoenix86 said:
Looks good, I'm liking the HDD drive cage and lack of 80mm fans.

Thanks folks.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Personally, I think the P160 is hideous, but it actually looks like it's the Dragon-style case that Antec loves with a different exterior, and the harddrives turned sideways, so it can't be that bad at all. Everybody loves the interior of those style cases, and if you like the exterior, then go for it.

SomeoneWhoIsntMe said:
Personally, I think the P160 is hideous, but it actually looks like it's the Dragon-style case that Antec loves with a different exterior, and the harddrives turned sideways, so it can't be that bad at all. Everybody loves the interior of those style cases, and if you like the exterior, then go for it.
Well it's the interior that I like about it, the exterior is meh. What do you recommend?

I have a similar question to phoenix, so I figured I would post it in this thread. I also need a case recommendation. My budget is 250$, and I need:

A. EXCELLENT fancooling with cabalility for watercooling

B. Fulltower preferred

C. BTX for the future

D. Don't need much room for modding, but some good looks would be cool :)

Note: I just ordered a TT Kandalf but I've reading bad things about TT here so I figured I would see what you gods recommend. ;)

N H O said:
note that these two cases are extremely heavy

yes i'm sorry i forgot you were looking for something light...
But if you go to the gym alot these cases can FEEL light...:)

Well if I can do better than Thermaltake Kandalf I'll do it. I've been reading up the forums trying to figure out what the overall best is, but I dunno yet.

On a side note: CM Stacker NINE FANS! whoa...

dtess17 said:
yes i'm sorry i forgot you were looking for something light...
But if you go to the gym alot these cases can FEEL light...:)
that is true

try cm caviler, a tank

i had my rig in thare, took a dive off of a table after i got too excited at a lan, and went oom headshot, and i went billistic, ebcuase i won a free psp

it came back with only a cracked side panel on the plexi

5 foot drop too

cables and everything went with it

yess, ryns got a welder now
now im on project b, the computer thats industructable. Y

I agree with the Tsunami, I love mine...wire management is a little of an issue, just have to be creative

Back