Case recommendations to accomodate water easily?

Fryguy8

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I've had a ghetto-rigged water setup with an enlight mid-tower FOREVER now, and with the computer upgrade comes a new case and some upgraded water stuff, and I'm looking for suggestions for a case that will allow a water system that is fully contained/attached, and accomodates easy filling of the system (preferably while the system is running).

First reply would be: build your own external unit.

Another case that is commonly WCed is the Chieftec line of cases.

The YY-0221 was the first case I ever WCed.

You may get better answers from the Case Modding Forum.

if you have the room get a full size tower...
These window style cases are actually very nice in several ways, one they have removable drive bays That is your 2 bottom HD bays actually pop out. The other nice thing is that the upper bays have a slide in feature, for instance your CD just slides in the front and snaps into place. It makes replacing parts EXTREMELY easy. With the quick snap on side you have easy access to the guts of the comp. Over all I have been very pleased with the one I purchased.

The YY-0221 is a really heavy duty case and I'm water cooling mine. There is one important thing to note though. The is built with two compartments, one for the motherboard, the other for PSU, Drives, HD's, etc. To get a water cooling system in there of any good size it means you have to span between the two compartments, which can make installation and uninstallation difficult. However, once you get everything in it works very well. Space for 8 HD's, 6 CD drives, 2 floppies, full size server motherboards. It's a nice case, but not the best for some.

Well like Anggie said built your own external unit like I did. Mine fits a PSU 2 Heatcores Triple Floppy(one for dual res and one for Fanbus and a rom slot). Better if you can build a case for the whole thing computer + WC I saw some ppl do that in other sites.

The antec p160 comes with 120's front and back, i was able to get a black ice extreme single 120 rad into the rear fan space.

Back