Case recomendation

blj5033

n00b
i am planning a 2500k build here soon and I am trying to find a case. I would like it to be a black or black/sliver scheme, mid for full tower, preferably no window (i can deal), great cable management, and most importantly of all, it must be SIMPLE!!! I cannot stand these spaceship looking cases.

I was looking at the Silverstone FT02, though I don't know how i feel about the way they have everything positioned. I'll most likely get this case, but I would like to see some other suggestions.

Thanks for helping!

i am planning a 2500k build here soon and I am trying to find a case. I would like it to be a black or black/sliver scheme, mid for full tower, preferably no window (i can deal), great cable management, and most importantly of all, it must be SIMPLE!!! I cannot stand these spaceship looking cases.

I was looking at the Silverstone FT02, though I don't know how i feel about the way they have everything positioned. I'll most likely get this case, but I would like to see some other suggestions.

Thanks for helping!

i am interested to hear what people say too. my cm 690 is past its prime.

Corsair 650D has a window, but it may have a option to have a bare panel if it doesn't already. The bare side panel might be the same, simply without a window. Give "redbeard" a shout (Corsair [H] Rep) and see if that's the case or not.

It seems to be a very functional case. I believe a user here craigbru helped NZXT design the H2

Thanks for helping!

Many other people said the same thing about the FT02, but later loved the case.
If you have the money to spend, there is not a better case.

I've owned all the most popular cases on the market today and the FT02 stands out above the rest.
You'll regret not buying it.

thanks for the responses guys! And i appreciate no one doing the "let me google that for you" for such a noob question lol!

I looked around the FT02 thread, and couldn't find out if the coolermaster 212+ fits this case. Anyone have any idea?

Since the FT02 has no side fans the hyper 212+ should fit without any problems. Personally, I think you should "at least" be using a TR Venomous X for such a nice case.

My 650d was damaged. The outer box looked fine but there was a good bit of damage inside. I'm RMAing it and I'm not sure I want another.

I already have a Silverstone TJ10 case but the LL Z60 is a damn fine looking case. I'm in no rush to buy anything new but I think I found my next candidate.

that z60 is real nice. is there an date on the release?

Personally the NZXT is too gaudy looking. Sure it has a great set of features for the price but the looks are not for everyone. It's a steel & plastic spaceship basically. The opposite of most the cases recommended in this thread.

Personally the NZXT is too gaudy looking. Sure it has a great set of features for the price but the looks are not for everyone. It's a steel & plastic spaceship basically. The opposite of most the cases recommended in this thread.

Correct, although I own a Phantom I know alot of users here despise this case just due to how it looks (regardless of the Phantom's feature set). I keep hearing "too much plastic" . Although cases such as Silverstone's Raven series has as much plastic as the Phantom (front and top bezel). I could've gone with a HAF series case, but the poor stock fans and the amount of extra funds you'll have to shell out for decent ones (TY 401's or noiseblockers) had me looking elsewhere. NZXT cases are a good comprimise (H2 , Phantom) due to internal case design and stock fans with good CFM.

I recommend the Silverstone RV03, even with the issues I have had to deal with it is an awesome case.

Corsair 600T or 650D

The 600T doesnt come w/ a side window, Unless you want one.

The 650D does come w/ a side window, But theres talk that corsair *MAY* release a window-less side panel for the 650D.

If you want to go full tower, I'd look at the upcoming Xigmatek Elysium

It comes in 4 styles, black/black, black w/ silver and w/ and without a side window

It has these neat little addons:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Xigmatek/Elysium/images/innerfanpcb2.jpg

Last edited:

Well, looks are subjective aren't they?

Functionally, the Phantom has superior cooling and great cable management
features.

I'd say let the OP decide.

I looked around the FT02 thread, and couldn't find out if the coolermaster 212+ fits this case. Anyone have any idea?

It'll easily fit. There was plenty of room for my Cogage Arrow back when I had an FT02.

Sounds like you're really looking for the FT02, P183, or Fractal style.

Back