Case Question - need advice

ematsui

Weaksauce
Looking for a case that will hold a Scythe Infinity and 8800GTX

currently my Thermaltake Lanfire is too small for the Scythe and I cant put the side panel back on... the Scythe is huge! sticks out over 6 and half inches from the mobo.

I was thinking Thermaltake Armour or Gigabyte Aurora, will those work?

Thanks!

ematsui said:
Looking for a case that will hold a Scythe Infinity and 8800GTX

currently my Thermaltake Lanfire is too small for the Scythe and I cant put the side panel back on... the Scythe is huge! sticks out over 6 and half inches from the mobo.

I was thinking Thermaltake Armour or Gigabyte Aurora, will those work?

Thanks!

They should. I don't know why people like the Thermaltake Armor. The stupid side flaps are useless squeeky and annoying.

I'm torn between those 2 cases too. Just out of interest, which are you planning on getting because i really can't decide? :confused:

Mansize_tissue said:
I'm torn between those 2 cases too. Just out of interest, which are you planning on getting because i really can't decide? :confused:

I'm just going to throw my $.02 in again. The Thermaltake case seems like a cheap rip off of the CM Stacker's layout. I'd suggest the CM Stacker STC-T01 as an alternative to the Thermaltake. It's way nicer in my opinion and doesn't have gay flaps on the front of it that are lose, squeek, and serve no purpose. Additionally, the Gigabyte case is REALLY nice inside. I was very surprised by that when I looked inside one for the first time. I think it's ugly, but that's just my opinion. I'd suggest the Antec P180 or some kind of Lian-Li or Antec chassis as a good alternative to the Gigabyte case.

Of course, buy what you wish, you have to live with it. I just felt like stating my opinons on the matter.

leaning toward athe GB Aurora

but I need to konw if the scythe will fit!

damn thing is huge!

The Gigabyte Aurora is about an inch wider than the Thermaltake Lanfire, at least i think it is any way. Would that give you enough room for the Scythe?

Dan_D, a little off topic but, what did you think of the cooling in the Aurora. I am thinking of getting the 570 for a gaming machine. Only with an 8800 GTX and an overclocked e6600 i'm not sure whether the cooling is up to the job. Are there any extra spots for more fans in the case and i've been hearing that the hard drive cage blocks most of the air intake from the front.
What's you opinions?

Mansize_tissue said:
The Gigabyte Aurora is about an inch wider than the Thermaltake Lanfire, at least i think it is any way. Would that give you enough room for the Scythe?

Dan_D, a little off topic but, what did you think of the cooling in the Aurora. I am thinking of getting the 570 for a gaming machine. Only with an 8800 GTX and an overclocked e6600 i'm not sure whether the cooling is up to the job. Are there any extra spots for more fans in the case and i've been hearing that the hard drive cage blocks most of the air intake from the front.
What's you opinions?

It's been awhile since I've looked at one, and I've only worked on one machine built in the case. I remember liking it a whole lot, except I found the appearance of it distasteful. Obviously the last part is subjective, but I remember the cooling being pretty good. I didn't like the drive rails, but that's a minor complaint. I think you'll be ok with using it for your planned setup.

EDIT: Just looked at some pictures of it online. You'll be fine.

Thank you. :)
If i go with the Aurora i wouldn't mind trying to fix some fans on the mesh on the side so they are pointing towards the motherboard, if that is in any way possible. Either that or i go for the CM Stacker STC-T01 or NZXT Zero. Have you had much experience with the latter?

Back