Case parts

lillimon04

2[H]4U
Ok Im building a case in my shop class, and I was wondering where to get a mobo tray and a psu bracket? Is there only the lainli tray to buy and the psu brackets at frozencpu? Or are there more to buy? And How do i make a 5.25 bay cage for one and a 3.5 cage they will be on top of eachother. And how do i make a big 3.5bay cage for hdds it will go in front of a fan.And should i take pics when i get started to make a work log? I could ask my teacher if he will let me. I have been wanting to build this case forever, and some dude made one like one i wanna make, it was the UFO, its in the worklog part. But my case is gonna be 10 inches tall and 14 inches long. Two 120mm fans in the front, One in the back above the mobo, and then a psu over the mobo too( like where the pci brackets are) Is that a good case? Or should i go m atx mobo and have the psu on the side of the mobo like other regular cases?

This is my mock up on paint, on AutoCAD it looks soooo much better, but i dont have it at home, only at school.
Front
Frontpanel.jpg

Side, and its 14inches long.
Side.jpg

back
Backpanel.jpg

Also were should i put a hdd cage? i was thinking in front of the back 120mm fan, so that it hangs. The side panels are gonna be plexi and the top, the bottom front and back are gonna be metal.

try websites of case makers. They often sell parts online. But otherwise, it may be easier to just buy a case, and hack it. A lot of them use rivets, so you need to be careful. How deep is thing going to be? I'm concerned about whether your drive mounts will get in the way of any parts that plug into or sit on the mobo (cards, HS, etc.)

Ya thats why i didn't buy a case and take pieces, because of the rivets. But Im thinking since its only gonna be 10 inches tall I might as well make the length of it 16 inches instead of 14 so i can put the hdd cage in front of the 2 120mm fans in the front of the case, i think it might work better. Or do you think i should just go m atx so i can put the psu sideways next to the mobo, or would it look better the other way, just thinking of cable management.

performancepcs and mountainmods sell case parts... Like mobo trays/5.25" bays etc.

Pics and worklog are a must, noob :D

Thank you, and i am not a noob, i just need to ask my teacher if i can take some pics, cus this is at school. Also looking at the mountainmod cases and remembering i have always wanted one, should i make it that big and put it on wheels? Or keep it the same?

Got the frame parts in today, and started cutting the pieces. will be finishing up the cutting for the frame tomorrow, Im using a hack saw! Yay fun!!!! :D I have no idea when the plexi glass comes, or the front,bottom, and back panels come in. Theres a sign that has been fallin over and my teacher said i could use that! Should I leave the writing on it? Its a no parking one i think and its a reflecter type writting stuff like the stop sign stuff. Or just paint over it?
I have no idea what to call this project, my gaming name is MoMurda, and i was thinking of a cut out of it and then have some mesh behind it.

Thank you, and i am not a noob, i just need to ask my teacher if i can take some pics, cus this is at school. Also looking at the mountainmod cases and remembering i have always wanted one, should i make it that big and put it on wheels? Or keep it the same?

Haha, I was kidding about the noob part :).

If this is your case, why wouldn't you be allowed to take pics?

Thank you, saw that earlier but im gonna stay with atx, and i found wayyy better stuff at mountain mods with a 120mm fan hole and its painted powder black.

Haha, I was kidding about the noob part :).

If this is your case, why wouldn't you be allowed to take pics?
Lol I know.
Well its not that its my case or not, which it is, but its the fact that its at school and we arent allowed to have electronics. Gay i know, and it will be pics with my camera phone, but I will ask if he will let me and if he says no then i will do it secretly just for you guys:D!

Pump?

Reservoir/tline?

Where are those going?
Oh did i say water cooling? Sorry but if i had enough money for that stuff then i would plan for it but im poor as hell, both my main pc hdd and backup pc hdd broke and now i have to use the family pc till i get a hdd:mad::(. And also if i did get those i can put the resevoir anywhere cus i would buy the micro one from swifttec or watever, the the pump would go inside one of the two hdd cages(i would never be able to fill one up, especially not two due to the money thing, need a job!) and the tline can go on one of the side panels and then the hdd cage will go behind the radiator and fans. Or i could buy a koolance pump and res combo thing, put it in the 5.25 bay and buy an external dvd burner and i would be set.

Gay i know

This is a quote from a mod for me saying the exact same thing... Just a heads up. And no it did not offend me... because well I'm not.. you know.

Thanks for understanding. Remember, you are posting on one the largest English language computer oriented forums in the world. Casual slang that may not offend your close circle of friends can easily hurt many others.

Mod

This is a quote from a mod for me saying the exact same thing... Just a heads up. And no it did not offend me... because well I'm not.. you know.
I dont get it? Which post are you saying that to? OR just this thread in general?:( jk But it doesnt really matter to me, but just wondering what thing your saying that too.

Lol, you dont know what a joke is? Man i cut all my aliminum up and i fell short, still need 3 14inch bars, and after that i will get some pics up. What color should it be? I was thinking white, or silver with blue leds and call the case Ice. Is there a such thing as an ice color?

Ok Im building a case in my shop class, and I was wondering where to get a mobo tray and a psu bracket? Is there only the lainli tray to buy and the psu brackets at frozencpu? Or are there more to buy? And How do i make a 5.25 bay cage for one and a 3.5 cage they will be on top of eachother. And how do i make a big 3.5bay cage for hdds it will go in front of a fan.

Get creative! That's all that I can say. Not everything that people do on here is bought from a store; although that would be nice, its not always the case. Sometimes the things that you want you'll have to make, The final product will be what you picture in your mind, especially with a custom case as you have here. However, I do like your idea, and am curious to where you will take it. Take your time and sneak those pics on here.

Get creative! That's all that I can say. Not everything that people do on here is bought from a store; although that would be nice, its not always the case. Sometimes the things that you want you'll have to make, The final product will be what you picture in your mind, especially with a custom case as you have here. However, I do like your idea, and am curious to where you will take it. Take your time and sneak those pics on here.
Oh thank you, i think. Lol but my creativity is very limited to what I can make in the class, and im pretty sure the limits have been pushed already. Also did i mention that the side panels and possibly the front panel will have hinges so I can just lift the side and top up to get to the parts to make it easier to work on. And the case is gonna be modular. I might keep adding more ideas while I am building, already had a new one, like maybe try to make it look like the case have exauhst pipes or something like that. Any other ideas?

I might keep adding more ideas while I am building, already had a new one, like maybe try to make it look like the case have exauhst pipes or something like that.
The exhaust idea does sound rather interesting, and I would personally like to see where you take that. Let those creative juices fly.

The exhaust idea does sound rather interesting, and I would personally like to see where you take that. Let those creative juices fly.
Lol all I need is something to bend metal so I can put the pipes on the side panels and have fans exhaust the air through the pipes all the way to the back. Or maybe it come out threw the top so that its straight out the back, its had to explain, or maybe have the pipes come out the back panels. I dont know yet.

Sounds like you are having fun with the project. In the end, that is what's most important.

As someone with a fair amount of metalworking & fabrication experience, I might suggest you try making some cardboard models
along the way. Working in three dimensions will give you an idea how things are going to look before you start with the metal.
all I need is something to bend metal so I can put the pipes on the side panels
You have sheet metal break at school?

Like a shipping box?

And no we dont have any bending stuff at my school, unless he some how orders it.

No bending equipment? That is a shame.

A shipping box? Whatever it takes. There is a very good reason engineers build models before the real thing.
Personally, I like to use old cereal boxes. Cheerios anyone?

Ya I know! We arent that big of a school though and not very many kids take the class, but we do have a plasma cut!! I think its pretty sick!

Indeed. Plasma cutters can be fun. :cool:

It's really sad how so many school systems are cutting out shop classes altogether.

Indeed. Plasma cutters can be fun. :cool:

It's really sad how so many school systems are cutting out shop classes altogether.

Hey, at least you GET shop class. Lol... I went to a private school where the most "hands on" class you had was accounting :p

and Lilimon, aha... You have a plasma cutter but no bending brake lol?

PS: where's your username come from?

Lol they look fun but have had no need to use one, yet! Oh i know we just got the shop class last year. I wish we had mechanics or auto shop.
I got my username from what people call me, my last name is limon and i have an older sister so they call me little limon or lil limon, i have used it for aim I think once, but usually I go by MoMurda. Also I just sold some of my home theater speakers in my room and got some money now, i sold 2 r50s and 4 r15s for 200 bucks, was that a good price or did i get ripped? but back to what i was saying, should i buy a 8800gt from bestbuy, have reward zone points and a girft card, or buy swan m10s, and save up some more money? My system thats left are two lanzar 15s and two bose 141.

I think making the mufflers come on the side going towards the back would be pretty nice. Make it look like some kind of muscle car pc lol.

Yes that would be sick, and i was thinking about putting speakers inside them so i can play start up and car noises. Lol but i only have two months for this project, is that enough time?

Yes that would be sick, and i was thinking about putting speakers inside them so i can play start up and car noises. Lol but i only have two months for this project, is that enough time?

I'm sure it will be enough time if you make sure that your planning is 100%. That way when you get into shop class you just get what needs to be done, well done! As for the speakers idea, look Here for some inspiration. Good luck.

Thanks, got some more aluminum today and got the frame all ready to be put together, how should i do it? Im gonna use some screws I think. And thanks for the link i remember that mod wayy back and its part of what i was thinking for the pipes. Thanks!:D OHHHHHHH should i get the dynex 32inch lcd for 450 on black friday or a 8800gt?
Would anyone want to donate some stuff or some ideas, like a sponsor!?

Ok Im building a case in my shop class, and I was wondering where to get a mobo tray and a psu bracket? Is there only the lainli tray to buy and the psu brackets at frozencpu? Or are there more to buy? And How do i make a 5.25 bay cage for one and a 3.5 cage they will be on top of eachother. And how do i make a big 3.5bay cage for hdds it will go in front of a fan.And should i take pics when i get started to make a work log? I could ask my teacher if he will let me. I have been wanting to build this case forever, and some dude made one like one i wanna make, it was the UFO, its in the worklog part. But my case is gonna be 10 inches tall and 14 inches long. Two 120mm fans in the front, One in the back above the mobo, and then a psu over the mobo too( like where the pci brackets are) Is that a good case? Or should i go m atx mobo and have the psu on the side of the mobo like other regular cases?

This is my mock up on paint, on AutoCAD it looks soooo much better, but i dont have it at home, only at school.
Front
Frontpanel.jpg

Side, and its 14inches long.
Side.jpg

back
Backpanel.jpg

Also were should i put a hdd cage? i was thinking in front of the back 120mm fan, so that it hangs. The side panels are gonna be plexi and the top, the bottom front and back are gonna be metal.

design looks pretty much like a QPack :D

Why dont you....... just shoot your self in the face! Lol jk but no its like every other pc layout except cube, it has atx mobo has three 120mm fans and one external 5.25 and one external 3.5 and a bunch of hard drives, so its totally not the same, but thank you I did see your point.

No but on tuesday for sure! We have no school on monday. But i only have the pieces cut.:rolleyes: Have to wait for all the panels and stuff too,:rolleyes::mad: But it will be worth it for sure! What kind of pics yall want?

hands on classes? in AUS i know of about 2 schools that have Woodworking classes and 1 that has metalworking!!! i really wish i could mod stuff...

anyway, enough with the complaining, i think if your looking to put speakers in, have a look at this:

http://coolercasesuk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=737

personally, i think that unless your like me and you don;t have any option but to use headphones (although i do have some Logitech X530's somewhere) the only use of having speakers in a case is to not have to carry speakers and a computer with you... in the comp from the link above, he has built them in so that you can listen to music and watch movies etc without a full size monitor, as well as the small one on the front being able to display system stats. if you want to be able to play start up noisesyou could just leave it hooked up to your existing speakers.

I just wanted them so they could make car sound affects, but now that I think of it imma put a good speaker in it so i can listin to music through it too! Lol maybe a lil sub some where? Like buy the swan m10s and the little 3 inch speakers i think and the like 5 inch sub on the top plexi glass or will the magnetic thing mess my pc up?

oh well, your choice...

i just think that compared to your home theatre system, the built in speakers won't perform fanastically. as i said, the only benifit will be if you move your comp around lots, or like i said, don't really have the room or the un-soundproofedness of my room at home.

what i mean is if you have a great system, then just stay with that instead of paying more, with the possibility of screwing the cuts into your case up and at least having to build a new panel. (sorry in advance if i sound like i'm trying to talk you out of it).

Oh no it cool i understand, trust me i have been debuting on buying the m10s or just stick with what i got.

Back