I know this is going to sound dumb, but I'm putting an old socket 478 board into a cardboard box (a case of Amstel Light bottles box).
Right now, I'm thinking of having the PSU at the bottom, because I don't really want to mount it above the mobo with the flimsy cardboard walls.
So, with the PSU at the bottom, with a hole for exhaust fan and cord out of the box, I was going to mount the motherboard half-way up the box, with about 1" of clearance above the PSU (which has an intake fan there, but whatever.)
Using a block of styrofoam would be nice because it is light and it supports the motherboard without relying on the flimsy cardboard walls.
Would it be retarded for half or all of the motherboard to be sitting on styrofoam? I found a piece that squeezes just next to the side of PSU, and it's exactly the right height.
Basically, would bottom of the motherboard (865PE chipset methinks) or the side of the PSU (no fan there) generate enough heat to make styrofoam a bad idea? Thanks for any/all help.
Right now, I'm thinking of having the PSU at the bottom, because I don't really want to mount it above the mobo with the flimsy cardboard walls.
So, with the PSU at the bottom, with a hole for exhaust fan and cord out of the box, I was going to mount the motherboard half-way up the box, with about 1" of clearance above the PSU (which has an intake fan there, but whatever.)
Using a block of styrofoam would be nice because it is light and it supports the motherboard without relying on the flimsy cardboard walls.
Would it be retarded for half or all of the motherboard to be sitting on styrofoam? I found a piece that squeezes just next to the side of PSU, and it's exactly the right height.
Basically, would bottom of the motherboard (865PE chipset methinks) or the side of the PSU (no fan there) generate enough heat to make styrofoam a bad idea? Thanks for any/all help.