Case modding has officially gone ghetto.

Dregan said:
( In my best Samuell Jackson voice...)

Does Mr. Gates look like a bitch?

Say Syntax error one more time, bitch! I dare you!
rofl! Good laugh :D

Bring on the mass RMA's :p

I am curious how much of the information in that book has been taking off web forums. I mean, people post advice here and elsewhere, free of charge, since they 'want to help each other out' for some other reason. Now someone comes along, compiles that information, publishes it as a book. He makes money, and the people that actually did the research are 'hung out to dry'!?

I am not saying that this neccesarily happend in this case, but it seems awkward that people could be making money of information that is either already in the public domain or is owned by people who have not exlpicitly given their consent.

About modding becoming more mainstream: People should be happy, since it will drive down prices. Since more people are aware of modding, it is likely that they will want to buy supplies, but most likely not at the current price. Since suppliers see the increased demand, that they can uncover by lowering prices, they will in order to maximize their profits.

drizzt81 said:
I am curious how much of the information in that book has been taking off web forums. I mean, people post advice here and elsewhere, free of charge, since they 'want to help each other out' for some other reason. Now someone comes along, compiles that information, publishes it as a book. He makes money, and the people that actually did the research are 'hung out to dry'!?

I am not saying that this neccesarily happend in this case, but it seems awkward that people could be making money of information that is either already in the public domain or is owned by people who have not exlpicitly given their consent.
Thats a good thought!

drizzt81 said:

That is how it works... Books of all types have always been created this way... Books written on unknown information, if you think about it, are almost never come by. It always takes someone to compile that information and present it to others.... Heck, write one yourself and sell it. Just because someone finally did it, doesnt really make it wrong or anything... Kudos for him on helping other people find the information better. No big deal...

IceWind said:
You can most certainly, without a doubt, without further hesitation and no ado, go fuck yourself.
Guess you cant take some humor. Why out lash so much? Are you scared of some newbie to modding owning your case with some new and fresh way of modding?
Face it, most mods right now are stale, and there are there are a handful of modders that push the envelope. My most impressive mod to date was stale 4 years ago when I first built it. Yet we are still seeing the same type of simple mods. Yes, your average new modder will do the same stuff we are doing now, but at least they are doing it themselves and not buying a premod! And who’s to say a person who picks up this book wont become the next known modder? I still fail to see how getting people into our hobby is a threat on us. It will force the experienced modders around to improve there skills to do more impressive mods!

Now before anyone goes and tries to find something recent I did that’s innovative and new: dont waste your time, I haven’t. I simply haven’t had the time nor facility’s to do a mod since I got into college. I have a notebook full of ideas and sketches that im dying to work on though.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
i hate when underground things goe mainstream....

rock bands for example...
Everything I've been listening to has yet to become mainstream. Due to the fact the crowd is anti everything, lolz.

But yes, modding has gone...wah.

Back