Case mod to fix ANY heat issue!!

Hey guys! I'm pretty new around here, so go easy on me, kay?! :D

I just figured I'd show you all a case mod that I came up with that seems like it will solve ANY case cooling issue. PROMISE!

Here's a graph of the temps of my 4 cores in my Q6600 after I turned on the cooling unit of the case mod. (from CoreTemp's log)

coretempsvstime.jpg

What you'll need:

1) A case that isn't cool enough
2) Computer parts that are making the case not cool enough
3) A phillips screwdriver
4) Duct tape (fixes everything, amirite??)
5) Some garbage bags (yep! Trust me)
6) Scissors
7) Determination! Your case wont mod itsself, hu?!
8) Air conditioning

First, cut the ends off the garbage bags so they're like tubes. Then put one inside the other so the ends overlap about 3 inches. Duct tape these two bags together like this. Repeat these steps until your garbage-bag-tube reaches from your air conditioner to your case.

Now duct tape the bag around a hole in your case, and duct tape the other end to the A/C and turn it on! Et Voila!

Here are some pics of my completed mod.

droiduploade4iwewhek156.jpg

droidupload36d6ixenv7ys.jpg

20100530155409.jpg

20100530162249.jpg

As you can see, I used plastic Walmart bags for part of mine, so as to better couple with the opening on my case. Plus I kinda like the contrasting white and black, art deco look it gives.

You're welcome to make changes/post suggestions for how to improve this mod, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Last edited:
You need to figure out how to integrate the Millennium Falcon into that rig.

This needs to be in the ghetto mod area...

*also the last picture is like ispy....try to find all the odd things that don't seem to fit

That's interesting. Might want to downsize the pictures and agreed with what Muncey said haha.

you might not wanna do that...
im sure it can build up moisture or condensation in there or the bags and water+computer=bzzzrppp

Moisture is going to kill your hardware in 3,2,1...
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Awesome!!!! LOL..

And the comments made me laugh so hard i nearly threw up in my mouth!!! :p

Back