[Case Mod] Project M7

L4mka

Weaksauce
M72v2.png

Welcome to the next project! It's one of two that I want to finish this year. The second will be in the new Cosmos C700P and soon I will also start the thread here on the forum :)

After the 24-hour Nvidia GeForce Garage in Poland, I return to my favorite Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG. This project is for (and in cooperation with) MSI.

Plan

The case will be painted and airbrusher in a "candy red" color. On the front will dominate the MSI dragon in silver / gray style and two stripes. The case will be modded inside to simplify and smooth the style.

img00.JPG

Components

▪ Intel i9 7900X
▪ MSI M7 ACK X299
▪ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
▪ Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
▪ Seasonic PRIME PLATINUM 1200
▪ Bitspower water cooling

RAM and SSD are not yet resolved :-D

Here are a couple of photos of the case and HW :) Everything is already home and some progress is already recorded, so very soon ther will be first update :)

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

here is the current progress:

current.JPG

UPDATE

The beginning is always quite clear – take off from the case everything that will be modded or completely out :-D All aluminum parts on this case will be sprayed, the front and top panel on the red + airbrush stripes and MSI dragon and legs of the case on black.

1.jpg

The red color will be exactly this mazda shade. It's such a metallic / candy red color :)

2.jpg

Spraying is carried out in two phases. The first mix comes in red and silver, and then some transparent candy red color is applied.

3.jpg

After the first phase it did not look pretty, I was a little afraid :-D

4.jpg

But the other layer really changed a lot, and the color is exactly what it should be. This is just a quick flash photo.

6.jpg

After finishing the first paint spray, it was time to mod to the interior of the case. Here are some photos of HW from MSI. Motherboard MSI X299 M7 ACK with i9 7900X processor and MSI GAMING X 1080 Ti graphics card :)

msi%20(1).jpg

msi%20(2).jpg

msi%20(3).jpg

msi%20(4).jpg

msi%20(5).jpg

msi%20(6).jpg

msi%20(7).jpg

msi%20(8).jpg

This is how case looks with all accessories, covers, etc.

7.jpg

After removing all the unnecessary :-D

8.jpg

The case will be completed with sheets that make the appearance look and hide all unnecessary holes,

9.jpg

10.jpg

But there was a tiny fault a part of the case peeking beneath the plate, which I would probably have to cut out to avoid unnecessary disturbance.

11.jpg

More soon! :))

UPDATE

After painting both layers of red it was beautiful red. Before the dragon spraying, the red was clear coated (just in case).

Fortunately, the MSI logo has been delivered in the vectors, so cutting the template on the plotter was easy fun :D

1.jpg

First of all, the stripes, seal everything thoroughly and then the silver glitters onto.

2.jpg

Hot stripes :)

3.jpg

Back to the case, I mounted 240 rad of Bitspower and also reservoir with premium aluminum holders - really a piece of art

4.jpg

5.jpg

Whole loop is by Bitspower! Many thanks for the support!. You can see their offer on their eshop and shop there after registration :) http://www.bitspower.com.tw

Blocks, radiators, fittings, expa, pumps, tubes = 100% Bitspower water loop

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

0001.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

The loop will be with 240 rad in front and 360 on the top. Both 30 mm thick.

The top rad is from Touchaqua - Bitspower.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Next object of modding was nickel plated Bitspowe Cpu block. Painting it in candy red color.

First, carefully seal to ensure that painted are only those areas that do not come into contact with water.

8.jpg

Vuala. Bitspower Candy red block is here :D

9.jpg

10.jpg

Two more photos with DSLR :)

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

More next time! :D

UPDATE

I sprayed the sheets inside the case with a filler and then two layers of matt black paint. The sheets are still rubbed and scratched and other layers will be sprayed, but I did not want to work with HW and greasy sheets :D

1.jpg

The top 360 rad is a little nut in this case, if you want to see the motherboard pretty well and do not cover the radiator with the fans. That's why I decided to mount it even higher than usual. For sure even through this sheet that I left from the Hex Gear cabinet.

2.jpg

Another very important part of the whole casemod - red screws: D

3.jpg

For PCIE graphics cables I print on a 3D printer cable holder / organizer that will be mounted on the bottom plate and the cables will go through. First but a few measurements where to place the holder :)

4.jpg

5.jpg

Already in the first update, you might notice sources from Seasonic. It's the model PRIME PLATINUM 1200 :)

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Exputed from Bitspower Holders still had to pull out due to polishing of the end parts. That "frosted" style, or how to call it, does not fit me

6.jpg

Before polishing

7.jpg

And after polishing

8.jpg

9.jpg

Holders are divided into several parts and assembly is a question of 8 screws and then another 4 on the radiator.

10.jpg

12.jpg

In the meantime, I also sprayed the legs of the case on the matt black and mounted them back.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Cable organizer is already in place :) Just like the sheet on the side, which will not have to be further colored and will remain where it is :)

13.jpg

During these works I managed to solve the RAM and SSD :D More in the next update!

UPDATE

Before Christmas and during them I did not get time to write the update, until today .. :)

GPU Block from Bitspower before polishing

1.jpg

2.jpg

And after polishing, a noticeable difference and I like it more

3.jpg

4.jpg

It is time to break the warranty seal and equip the card with the water block :D

5.jpg

6.jpg

The card is even without a cooler a heavy piece of HW

7.jpg

8.jpg

What I like is that when installing a water block it is still possible to use the original backplate :)

10.jpg

The graphics car dis ready for water

11.jpg

Inside the block is a RGB strip, at first I wanted to get it out completely :D But after that I like the RGB in the block so much!

12.jpg

13.jpg

Assembled Bitspower CPU block on motherboard

14.jpg

The board has a well-designed cooling for two M.2 slots

15.jpg

Motherboard is inside the case wohoooooo! it starts to draw

17.jpg

Graphics and the first planning of the loop - x hours of thinking, came along

18.jpg

It is getting shape now :)

19.jpg

20.jpg

Two radiators and reservoir are just right for this case :) More soooon!

Thanks for your comments!! Here is next update :)

------------------------------------
UPDATE

Another update is here, finally :D

Continue drilling of 20 mm holes for fittings passtroughs. Here it really pays 8 times measuring, one times cutting :D

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

For a long time, I thought about how the whole circuit would merge and eventually lead one hose under the top cover, and so it would not be visible.

15.jpg

The entire combo reservoir, radiator and many fittings :D

16.jpg

17.jpg

Bitspower tube in beautiful red color, to the rear fits perfectly

18.jpg

19.jpg

The pump will again be hidden in the bottom of the case.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

It's getting nicely done

23.jpg

24.jpg

Super 3D printed cable holder :)

25.jpg

Cables are from CableMod, for which I thank them very much. These are the new version PRO cables with aluminum cable combs custom made for this project :) Even more sleeved power cord and cat6 ethernet cable.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

26.jpg

And of course 24 pin :)

27.jpg

UPDATE

The latest update is here. Finally :D

RAMs are ultimately HyperX Fury 64 GB and the SSD is Kingston KC1000 480 GB

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

At the top after the adjustment, a 360 mm radiator was placed so as to cover as little of the board as possible, and it was also possible to get well enough to the frames

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The first link is already in place :)

8.jpg

The last and ultimately a bit difficult task - somehow to connect down with the pump all together

12.jpg

13.jpg

Pump on site

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Lighting test :)

18.jpg

Just mix the water and fill it

19.jpg

20.jpg

And also clean up the table a bit :D

21.jpg

I'll add the final photos this week :)

looks good, I think... all the weird angles are weird too look at. can we get a couple straight on full side shots?

Back