[Case Mod] Aero Cube

Hey enthusiastic PC builders,

I'm going to start a new casemod, this time a micro-ATX build in the Aerocool DS cube.
It has to be an HTPC that can also be used as a LAN-box, so it has to be a freaking awesome case.

Hardware : not known yet
Cooling components: Not known yet

Here are some pictures of the Aerocool DS Cube.

Playing with some LED`s.

See you soon :cool:

Last edited:
That case fits a matx motherboard. They're usually cheaper and have more features than the comparative mitx board. Just a thought.

Also, needs handles if you're going to be packing it around. ;) have fun!

That case fits a matx motherboard. They're usually cheaper and have more features than the comparative mitx board. Just a thought.

Also, needs handles if you're going to be packing it around. ;) have fun!

It looks like it has a recess on the back for a handle, I'm supposing you grab the bottom with your other hand. Some proper handles sure would make it easier to lug around.

I agree on mATX, way more bang for your buck. mITX is fun, but only if you have a case nothing else will fit in.

This week started making a midplate and some minor adjustments to the case itself ;):

Pre-drill the holes and then cut out with the cutter.

Mid plate fits perfectly :D:

I made a window in both side panels, here you can see the graphics card en later the cooling en hardware.

Problem ?? Little space for power cables,s o I did a little adjustment.

Did some wrapping on the midplate with some mat black.

I got the idea of making a pump with reservoir combo in the front of the case, so the round hole has already been made.
Had two more pass through fittings spare, so I used them to make an easy connection through the midplate.

Did you do all that cutting by hand? That's some pretty amazing attention to detail.

I got a new tool for modding, bought this airbrush starter-pack with some paint to get started.

For a first time I did a nice job I think, of course there are some points we can improve but we can work on that.

These colors I`m going to use on the case. (red madder dark, black)

First I used the color (red madder dark), then I used a airbrush and brush and added the color (black). And added a clear coating, for a first time I did a great job I think.

The sharpness of the pictures will improve in the next update.

So I got two packages last week, one with all the hardware and one from Highflow.nl with all the cooling parts. So let`s get started with the inside.

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z270G Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K

GPU: Asus Strix GTX1070 O8G Gaming

RAM: Avexir ROG Tesla Red 2666 MHz 16GB

PSU: Corsair RM850I

And of course ''CableMod''

For cooling I chose EKWB

EK-FC1080 GTX Strix – Nickel with a shinny Nickel Backplate

EK-Supremacy EVO – Nickel

A group photo

It`s time for some PETG bending

EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite – incl. pump

Best handy tool ever, no sharp edges anymore.

Reactions: Derf
like this
Back