Case Lighting question/post pics?

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Need to illuminate my corsair 800d case. which "form" of lighting produces the least heat and can you guys post some pics?

cold cathodes produce little to no heat.

LED fans work pretty well too if that is the look you are going for.

the rgb led controller is perfect. except i want white led's. where can i find a white led strip with a controller that i can plug into my power supply?

the rgb led controller is perfect. except i want white led's. where can i find a white led strip with a controller that i can plug into my power supply?

If you go to the gallery folder tab on the NZXT product page that I linked and look at image 18 of 18 you'll see that you can adjust the knobs to where your whole case is lit with white...

The NZXT Hue is supposed to arrive at major etailers/retailers by the 31st of this month. Priced at 32.99 USD.

LED meteor tubes. Selectable patterns, cheap, don't generate heat, and are quite bright. Can find em on NewEgg.

Check for it to come back in stock here:

http://www.xoxide.com/nzxt-huergb-ledcontroller.html

Maybe a NZXT rep might comment with more info.

The NZXT Hue is supposed to arrive at major etailers/retailers by the 31st of this month. Priced at 32.99 USD.

where did you read that they will be released at the end of the month?

I mentioned that a NZXT rep might comment - and that's what happened - XNine is the rep.

XNine said:

an ETA for the Phantom full tower windowed side panel to be back in stock?:D

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Just as an FYI, the shipment has been delayed by 10 days because the cargo container that these shipped in didn't ship out on time. *sigh* So it should be available right around Oct. 10th. I'm sorry if that upsets anyone. I am not pleased either. :(

Just as an FYI, the shipment has been delayed by 10 days because the cargo container that these shipped in didn't ship out on time. *sigh* So it should be available right around Oct. 10th. I'm sorry if that upsets anyone. I am not pleased either. :(

Thanks for the update!

IME LEDs are generally brighter than cathodes, but I prefer the warm (color, not temp) glow that cathodes provide.

I saw no change in temps running two 12" cathodes FWIW.

As for white LEDs, I'd recommend some Bitfinex Specter pro fans. They are bright and quiet too. I have 3x120mm, and a 200mm in my Corsair 650D; looks awesome.

7353998434_2d9d2f1483_c.jpg

Red led fans + Bitfenix led strips

Just an update for those interested- I ordered via Amazon on around the 10th and I recieved an update the other day from Amazon.

"NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller (8c-hue0000-00b)"
Estimated arrival date: September 06, 2012 - September 21, 2012

Back