Case led swap...

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I gotta pick up some LED's for my Classical Lian Li thats using green and orange. I know I want blue and red.. what are the specs for the ones I need to grab at Radio Shack? These are 3.3V 5V? Ive never had to swap them before.

I gotta pick up some LED's for my Classical Lian Li thats using green and orange. I know I want blue and red.. what are the specs for the ones I need to grab at Radio Shack? These are 3.3V 5V? Ive never had to swap them before.

The main thing you need to be concerned with is the size of the LEDs. Some are 3mm, and others are 5mm. You may need to pull the old ones to determine their size before purchasing new ones.

Most are held in place with hot glue. I don't know how Lian Li attaches their LEDs, but they may use a threaded mount. Its not that difficult of a mod, and it makes a big difference. I swapped my P182 from blue to red, and it looks pretty sick.

If you can solder, then its already in the bag. If you can't then you can buy LEDs already sleeved, and pinned from performance-pcs.com.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=357

Soldering is no problem I have done plenty. I will pull one of hte old ones out as they are easy to get to and use a plastic kind of clip on the lian li cases. I just couldnt remember the correct voltage.. ill stop being lazy and just put a meter on it.

red was 2.2V and green also around ( probably less than ) that.
I believe blue and white are around 3 volt to even 3.7V
But they'll work...just not as bright

Back