• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case Labs Mercury S8 AIO compatibility.

JosiahBradley

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
1,791
Dear Case Labs owners, preferably the S8, is the case too tall to support something like the Corsair H110iGT? I see an option for a 140.2 top drop in and that would work but will the tubing reach the CPU. Some random Googling suggest the tubes are ~12inches long. My plan is to custom water cool later, but get the case first. Ideas?
 
Pics on google seem to indicated you will be fine with what you plan on doing. I suggest putting the money you are spending on the h100i gt towards 2 fans \ pump \ res \ rad \ tubing \ fitting \ cpu block.

fans $30
pump $50
res $50
tubing $25
fittings ~$50
rad $60
cpu block $70

Total around $330 (this is obviously just a guestimate and can go way higher if you arent smart on what you buy, or just go balls to the wall)

You are 1/3 done already if you get don't get the h100i gt. Just use stock cooling until you get your basic loop and add to your loop later if you want to do gpu and other rads.

just my opinion.

I only say that because I am basically doing the same thing and I will now be out the money i am losing on selling my h100i
 
Distance from the top of the motherboard to the to of the case is just about 12 inches. If you subtract ~1 inch for the radiator thickness, and another ~1 inch if you put the fans between the case and the rad, you are left with about 2 inches of slack in the hose. Take into account that the 140.2 drop-in positions the radiator almost directly over the CPU, and you should be fine.

That said, the S8 is going to feel cavernous with a single radiator. For context, I have 3x 780s and 2x 360mm radiators (46mm thick) in a push-pull configuration, and I could still probably fit a 4-pk of Boddington's inside.The guys at CaseLabs didn't mess around when they designed these cases.

EDIT: I just saw your signature. If you are going to drop that Gene in there, why not consider getting the S5? It's built for mATX and you can consider the $100 you save a down payment on the custom loop your new case will surely convince you that you need :).
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm building an all out fury build so the s8 seemed appropriate. I like the idea of using a simple hsf until I can watercool for real. Now to figure out where to put those fury rads.
 
Back
Top