Case Identification?

vapb400

Gawd
Can anybody tell me what case this is?
DSC00707.JPG

Coolermaster ATC-110, but someone's modded a window into it. It's no longer manufactured, but there's still some old stock out there. If you can't find one, look at Silverstone cases, as the bulk of the Coolermaster ATCS design team now work for them.

That is honestly my favourite case of all time. Whenever I start to plan mods, I always want to use that case. I think I'll try to find one in April for a birthday gift :)

wow according to froogle its $235, hoping with more research its cheaper

*edit* nvm the store was a beta and not open and the other is out of stock permanately.

ShaolinDragon said:
Nice case, good window job, but I dont see any ribets or molding, how is it stuck in?
Most likely they used double-sided adhesive mounting foam. They could also have used a glue of some type. I've used foam tape on all of my windows and it works great.

$235 is about the average price for what looks like a very high end aluminium case. Expect to pay $235 for a good Lian Li.

Hmmmmmmm, for my window in my Praetorian I was planning to get at christmas, I was gonna use H molding, but I might use double sided foam tape. By the way, is it a good solid connection or if I push the window will it just fall off. If it does H molding seems to be better for if I was moving the case around alot.

ShaolinDragon said:
Hmmmmmmm, for my window in my Praetorian I was planning to get at christmas, I was gonna use H molding, but I might use double sided foam tape. By the way, is it a good solid connection or if I push the window will it just fall off. If it does H molding seems to be better for if I was moving the case around alot.
If you get the right tape and clean the surfaces properly, it's very sturdy. Personally, I use something the r/c industry calls "servo tape". You can also use 3M molding-mounting tape that's designed for use on cars.

Since it appears you did the window mod by yourself, what acrylic window thickness would you recommend, e.g. 5mm?

1/8" is what most people use. I prefer 1/4", especially if I'm etching a design in it.

I think I will use 1/8" (I am testing how big that is in mm, since I am European :p), as I am not very good at artwork.

For windows, I've always just used 1/8" acrylic and epoxy. Double sided tape would work, but epoxy would be sturdier, and there wouldn't be a gap between the metal and window.

Mr. Miyagi said:
Flacon-NW has them for about $3000. :D

Not anymore, they've recently built the last system with ATC-110... :(
Cooler Master refuses to bring this case back for some reason, I guess the Stacker will suffice as the successor to the venerable ATC-110?

That could be the 111 as well...similar in almost every detail...but it could help in your search. In fact...Im not even sure what the diff is...

undertheradar said:
That could be the 111 as well...similar in almost every detail...but it could help in your search. In fact...Im not even sure what the diff is...

The ATC-111 is based off of ATC-201 (now called Praetorian), it is also the same chassis as the Wave Master case.

The ATC-110 is its own design, although similiar, it is slightly taller and much deeper in size. It is an extended-ATX compatible case whereas the ATC-111 is only big enough for a regular ATX motherboard.

ShaolinDragon said:
What kind of epoxy would you use for the window?

When I did my last window, I just bought some epoxy from Rat Shack and it worked fine. I don't think you can really go wrong, as long as you get epoxy.

vapb400 said:
i looked at that, but i cant stand the look of aluminum cases w/ plastic drives

CM Praetorian.

Same style, but looks better, is made better, and is only $20 more.

tonyou,
are you sure about that? The 110 and 111 look identical on the outside and in...nothing like the wavemaster. I thought the 111 was an EATX version of the 110. Besides, the 110+111 have 4 fans each...the wave has 3.
http://www.ciao.co.uk/coole~Corsa_2_AZ_uk.html
It seems each version of the 110 and 111 has different dimensions...slight configuration variations...thought it might help.

As for the "ugly beige or black drive on a silver chassis" thing...Yeah, I hear ya. But you are forgetting something. After having a few cases with the large swinging doors...Im sick of them. For starters, opening and closing the bay door is a PITA every time I want to swap out a cd, flip the power switch, etc. The 110 and 111 in particular also have very little clearance behind the door. That Audigy bay panel...cant mount it. Fanbus/rheobus...cant mount it (dials dont clear). LCD kits or displays...cant use them. I have pretty much sworn off the case with the large swinging door forever.

Why? Cuz Lian Li and Cooler Master have those new cool stealth bay covers. They work like a charm. No more problems...and they even open and close themselves.
http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=1112

undertheradar said:
tonyou,
are you sure about that? The 110 and 111 look identical on the outside and in...nothing like the wavemaster. I thought the 111 was an EATX version of the 110. Besides, the 110+111 have 4 fans each...the wave has 3.
http://www.ciao.co.uk/coole~Corsa_2_AZ_uk.html
It seems each version of the 110 and 111 has different dimensions...slight configuration variations...thought it might help.

Yes, I am sure about the ATC-110 and 111 because I've sold them before. The Wave Master's chassis is based on a modular design that was released in 2002 to be shared with all mid-tower all aluminum chassis (ATC-201, ATC-210, ATC-220, ATC-111, ATC-200, etc..).

When the Wave Master first came out, it didn't include a fan mount assembly for the top panel, but the cutout and the position is the same. Later Wave Masters came with both USB/1394/audio port aseembly and the fan mount aseembly so users have the option to mount either one.

vapb400 ,
so buy the kingwin and use the Lian Li covers...of the cooler master...whatever. It doesnt have to be only one brand.

Back