• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case Headphones port without Integrated audio

Alowishus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
268
Is there any way to connect my case's front audio port to my PCI sound card? I was using my integrated audio for a while until I got sick of its lack of bass and decided to use my Audigy LS instead. However, I can no longer plug my headphones into my front port, which is pretty annoying for me since I have to reach all the way to the back of my desk to connect my headphones.
 
you should have either a line out (requires an amp) or a speaker out jumper style connector on your soundcard.
 
Could you run me through connecting it? my case has individual-pin versions of all of its connectors, so I think I might be able to connect them If I know which lines go where.
 
ok for your cable from the front, you should have three colored cables on your plug: black (common ground), red (right +), and white (left +)

Read the manual for your soundcard to figure out the pinouts of the connectors on it, and match it up. Don't forget to do a reality check with a channel test of some sort to ensure that the left and right are correct...somtimes even the manuals screw this up.

If your front connector's cable uses different colors, you should use a multimeter or some sort of tester to ensure proper polarity.
 
thanks for your help. I dont have a manual for my sound card because I got it from a trade, but im sure I can find one on creative's site. The case's front audio pins are labeled so I dont have to use my multimeter to find anything out.
 
Back
Top