• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

case geeks: how well do you know your cases?

akapaulk

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
1,315
A couple of months ago I was at a friend's house and he had a very neat case. Basically in a nutshell you would press a button and a motorized panel would scroll down to expose the CD, DVD and floppy drives. Upon pressing the button again that motorized panel would scroll back up to hide the optical drives.

Anyone know the name of this case? Very bling :cool:
 
I've seen IBM pc with something like this like 8 years ago, nothing new here :p
 
I know what I like and what I dont like .. that is all that I care about :)

But ... that type of door is not something I would like. For one thing, I find it hard enough to wait the 1 or 2 sec it takes for most drives to just eject! Let alone wait for some silly door to open and close.

Patience is a virtue ... I am not virtuous
 
Not a bad looking case. I normaly hate the rice cases with shit like this but, that one looks pretty good.
 
Thats the case I have only different colour and I modded the side panel bit. I bought it about two years ago im suprised there still around, it was a lot "cooler" then than what it is now. ;)
 
Question: newegg pics show a front view where the entire front is covered, not only the optical drives but the lower portion with the big round temperature LCD readout and other buttons, etc.

It looks great with everything closed. Is this part of the case or just a separate detatchable cover?
 
Spare-Flair said:
Question: newegg pics show a front view where the entire front is covered, not only the optical drives but the lower portion with the big round temperature LCD readout and other buttons, etc.

It looks great with everything closed. Is this part of the case or just a separate detatchable cover?
link me
 
nah only the bottom half is covered....its juss taken at an extreme angle where u cannot tell the diff......on my lcd if i look at it from an angle i can see the 4 5.25 bays perfectly :p
 
The doors are fine the only thing that is likey to wear is the elastic that connects the pullys to make it slide up and and down, I have replaced it once about a year and a 1/2 after I bought it.
 
Back
Top