Case for 420-size rads, ~$150?

Shocked

Limp Gawd
I have an NZXT Switch 810, which I don't believe is particularly known for its thermal performance. I got it originally for its known compatibility with my rad - a Swiftech H2O-320 Edge HD, which I believe takes up a bit more space than a normal 360 due to the space the built-in res occupies. Someone in another thread mentioned I should look for cases that can fit 420 rads.

At this point, I need a second case for another system anyways, so I can either buy a better case and re-use the NZXT, or just buy a case directly for the second system. I was leaning towards the first option because I wouldn't mind getting case temps down (especially on my GTX 1080 FTW). I've already loaded up the case with fans, short of modding a side panel fan into the acrylic window I don't think there's much else I can do.

(In hindsight, since I'm only watercooling my CPU, I could have gone with the 240 version of my kit and had an easier time with case selection, but I've already had the thing for almost four years so it's what I already have to work with).

I was looking at the Fractal Design R5, but mounting a radiator that size requires removing the case's only optical drive bays, which doesn't really work for me. I suppose I could get a super cheap external DVD drive like this, but it wouldn't be ideal, plus I'd lose access to the Blu-ray burner I already have.

Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations offhand?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ThermalTake Core X9... I have 2 420mm rads up top, and a 220 on bottom... WAY MORE ROOM LEFT.. Big case

IMG_20150528_162204_zpss5djd5uq.jpg

IMG_20150528_162227_zpsohwvxq41.jpg

ThermalTake Core X9... I have 2 420mm rads up top, and a 220 on bottom... WAY MORE ROOM LEFT.. Big case
Whoa. I probably won't ever need all that space, but that should more than work. And I could probably load it up with tons of fans, albeit quiet ones if I'm actually going to use that many.

you can fit a 420 in the top of a corsair 750d with a little bit of effort. You may have to do a little bending of the drive cage to get it to fit though. If you drill out the rivets and remove the drive cage completely a 420mm radiator would be a breeze to install. Not a ton of headroom so you'd need a thin radiator for push/pull (my h115i has about a mm to spare in push/pull).

Back