Case for 1950X Threadripper system?

Patricio

n00b
HI

I am planning to jump the threadripper wagon from my 4 years old 4770k system and has been doing some research for a multi propurse Workstation/Virtualization/Gaming Machine.

I would like to have some feedback regarding my build and if you see any problem with it. My goal is to reach at least a 4 Ghz Overclock so i would be fitting a LiqTech TR4 360 water cooler and a Case that can fit that cooler.

I has been looking these two options but would like to get other options also. Basically i am looking, a) can fit the liqtech radiator, b) has enough space for the components and good thermals, c) it is not massive like the Thermaltake X9.

1) Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
2) Case: Corsair - 760T Black V2 ATX Full Tower Case

Thanks a lot!

Pat

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - ROG ZENITH EXTREME EATX TR4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
SSD: Samsung - 960 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
HDD: Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x 2
ODD: Pioneer - BDR-211UBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Video: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Power: Corsair - AX1200i 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooling: Enermax - LiqTech TR4 360 102.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Cooling: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM 120mm Fans
Cooling: Corsair - HD140 RGB 74.0 CFM 140mm Fan x 3

Kingwin KW525-3U3CR Multi-Function Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub w/ Card Reader Includes 1 USB 3.1 Port + 1 ESATA Port.
NZXT Internal USB Hub Controller, Black (AC-IUSBH-M1)
Asus TPM-M R2.0 14-1 Pin TPM Module

I just bought case 1 after getting the Enthoo Pro SE and finding out that I couldn't keep the optical cage and use my new 360 radiator at the same time. I should know by Sunday night if it will work in the Luxe.

The S360 fits in the top with no problem but I doubt a 480 would.

My current computer works just fine but I'm waiting for the Ryzen and Threadripper platforms to mature before jumping in.

EDIT: I misread the top radiator as fitting a 480 but it said 420. I can believe that; there seems to be space on both sides still. This case is so roomy. It's been great to work in.

Last edited:
I am working backwards. I have the case and now need to figure out what to put into it.

I just got the thermaltake View 71 and it is Massive.

I think this case demands Threadripper, or I9

It will take up to a 420 Rad on the top or in the front.

Back