Case feet?

NICKSTAR

2[H]4U
Im looking to change out the case feet on my Antec 300. Im drilling a blow hole so my PSU gets better ventilation and I think some taller feet would help out. I've seen a bunch of LED ones, but id prefer to not add anymore lighting to the case. Any ideas?

I've seen some for sale on "performance PC" sites, but I dont really wanna drop $30+ s\h for something that isnt worth $5

thanks for the response.

Let me be a little more clear I guess,

Looking for some that arent the standard thin rubber ones, and also dont cost $30..

Looks like i may be SOL on finding some tall ones at a reasonable price. (Prefer the metal ones).

edit:
just noticed one of your link had some decent height rubber ones for $10. if all else fails, ill jump on those.

i just used my old college textbooks (they finally came in handy for something :D)

Let me be a little more clear I guess,

Looking for some that arent the standard thin rubber ones, and also dont cost $30..

This may be a bit difficult. Many of the nicer metallic case feet are not stamped but machined. Then there is the additional cost of plating or anodizing. So it is not often the cost of the material rather than the cost of labor. So going beyond the standard injection molded items may become more expensive. If plastic is ok, you may be able to find some lighted feet, which you dont have to connect up if you dont want lighting.

As always, you get what you pay for.

I think some custom feet would be nice... I'm actually going to be doing this myself sometime soon... I also contemplated using door handles like this:

%E7%8E%BB%E7%92%83%E9%96%80%E6%8B%89%E6%89%8B%E5%A4%A7%E5%88%86%E9%A1%9E.jpg

Not sure what I'll end up doing - will most likely go for the handle method if I can find some with the right design and spacing to save time and effort.

You could just go to the hardware isle at home depot / Lowes and check out the incredible assortment of Wheels, Castors, Feet, Pads, etc,

and save yourself some money

I think some custom feet would be nice... I'm actually going to be doing this myself sometime soon... I also contemplated using door handles like this:

Not sure what I'll end up doing - will most likely go for the handle method if I can find some with the right design and spacing to save time and effort.

I've never thought of that, that's actually a really cool idea.

Good luck, post pics if it turns out nicely?

i was thinking about this... maybe they will have some round knobs that have a flat front.

You could just go to the hardware isle at home depot / Lowes and check out the incredible assortment of Wheels, Castors, Feet, Pads, etc,

and save yourself some money

Also a very good idea

check out the round draw pulls,

and maybe put a round rubber pad on it, or they have self adhesive felt pads,

spend a little time and walk around checking all these variuos options out,

something might jump out at You..

you also could get a lenth of square aluminum tubing, cut it to the width of Your case and put a couple of feet on it..

have fun

Yeah. these case feet/legs won't fit your case style, but they might help someone else here.

These are polished stainless steel threaded studs from mcmaster.com:

C-18-Natural-Feet.jpg

And these are chrome floor tom legs:

C-24-DO-CompleteFeet.jpg

Back