Case fans...

JAW

Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
518
I am ordering some ram from newegg and want to get two case fans, to keep everything cool. System has been running alittle hot lately. I am looking for ones with blue leds, whats the best fan to get for maximum airflow and decent blue led lightage? Sucks, I was looking at the vantec ones, but newegg charges 5 bucks shipping per fan, the fan only costs 6 bucks to start with. Any cheap alternatives? I saw the coolmaster ones were 7 bucks with free shipping, so they would be cheaper in the long run, but are they as nice as the vantec ones?
 
Vantec"Spectrum"80mm UV LED Case fan,Model:SP80UVLED-BL.

these are the fans im lookin at gettin, 2 of them will be 18bucks with shipping though :(
 
You do the math.....

2 Coolermasters at $7 a piece. $14 total, FREE SHIPPING...

2 Vantec fans at $6 a piece. $5 shipping per fan, $22 total.

Why are you so concerned? If you're that concerned about the 1 dollar difference in initial price, why are you only spending <$10 on a case fan? :p

Just look at the CFM (cubic feet per minute) airflow measurement, higher is better. For an 80mm fan, I think about 25CFM is average.

Something crazy good like a Delta would do about 55CFM at 5500 RPM.

RPM is the rotational speed of the fan, the lower the quieter usually, but also less airflow.

And then there's noise level projected by the fan. This is measured in decibels (db or dba). The lower the quieter. Average for an 80mm fan is 27dba or so. And that's not very loud.

You can buy quiet fans that run around 15 dba, which is very hard to hear. Delta 55CFM 80mm fans run around 36dba, which is quite loud.
 
just wondering what fans would be the best, looking for good airflow and people's experiences/recommendations. if I can get better airflow fans for the same price, then i will.
 
Back
Top