case fans on cpu heatsink

bobhowell

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
31
I am looking for a fan for several heat sinks I have around. I am building a system on the Gigabyte GA 970A-D3 G Skills Ram and Phenom II x4 965 BE. The stock heatsink is nice but the fan is a joke. I acumilated several big heat pipe coolers over the years looking for one to fit a HTPC build. All big, too big for the case, and came with noisey fans sounding like an old biplane going by. I finally got a massive Sythe Ninga with a nice quite fan whitch workes great. I have several 92mm Antec tri speed fans with a connector that fits the cpu connector on the MB and a connection to the psu. I plan to use them on the heatsinks. Is that going to show up as a problem to the MB, say, no cpu fan? I see no fans offered with connections for cpu, just case fans, so assume the can be interchanged. Newegg seems to have dropped the Sythe line.

Also once I get this going what temps am I looking to maintain for safe operation?

Thanks

Bob Howell
 
Back
Top