ScoutSnyper
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2009
- Messages
- 3
I am getting ready to build my first system. It's nothing special, just something new I can use for some mild gaming. Anyway, I am building it in a mid tower case given to me by a friend. The case has perforated side panels and front cover. It also has 2 case fans, a front and rear 120mm. The rear is mounted high in the rear panel and the front low in the case, with a clear shot into the main area of the MB and graphic card.
What is stumping me is the fan orientation. I have searched a bit and can't seem to get a straight answer. The 2 fans currently blow into the case. To me would seem better if they exhausted from the case as the sides are perforated and would pull in cool air from the surrounding area. Then part of me thinks to have the front fan intake and the rear exhaust or maybe leave them as is, forcing cooler air in and hot air out the sides.
The system will consist of a ECS MicroATX MB with a 2.8 GHz Intel dual core and a HIS 4650 graphics card, not the best stuff, but NewEgg had a deal. I will be running stock coolers on the CPU and GPU for now. The PSU is a Cooler Master 500W Extreme Power Plus and I will be running a WD Caviar Black 1TB HD with an LG DVD-RW, both using SATA connections. The wiring will all be bundled and tied back.
Does anyone have any guidance? Or is this a try it one way, take temps then try it another? Thank you, I've done plenty of reading here and gleaned a ton of info, so now I am asking.
What is stumping me is the fan orientation. I have searched a bit and can't seem to get a straight answer. The 2 fans currently blow into the case. To me would seem better if they exhausted from the case as the sides are perforated and would pull in cool air from the surrounding area. Then part of me thinks to have the front fan intake and the rear exhaust or maybe leave them as is, forcing cooler air in and hot air out the sides.
The system will consist of a ECS MicroATX MB with a 2.8 GHz Intel dual core and a HIS 4650 graphics card, not the best stuff, but NewEgg had a deal. I will be running stock coolers on the CPU and GPU for now. The PSU is a Cooler Master 500W Extreme Power Plus and I will be running a WD Caviar Black 1TB HD with an LG DVD-RW, both using SATA connections. The wiring will all be bundled and tied back.
Does anyone have any guidance? Or is this a try it one way, take temps then try it another? Thank you, I've done plenty of reading here and gleaned a ton of info, so now I am asking.