Case Fans for Stacker 830

JimmyCB

n00b
Sup everyone,

I came here in need of a second opinion. I'm building a new rig soon, but I have no experience at all with noise levels and performance. I'm going with a air cooling setup in a stacker 830 with an E6600 (OC'd to 3.2-3.4) and I would like to have great temps in my case, but low noise.

This seemed possible for me until I realized the upper left fan bracket won't allow something like a Ninja Infinity and the like. I did some research and decided to go with a Thermalright SI-128 w/ a 120mm on it of course. You see, I was planning on having 4 exhaust/ 4 intake. Two on the side would have been exhaust with the other two as intake. But, that doesn't seem like it would be a good idea now since the SI-128 has a fan ontop. It would be better if the left side is now intake and it would suck fresh air more easily.

So I decided to go with a 6 intake (2 front, 4 side) and 2 exhaust (1 top, 1 rear). It didn't seem like a bad idea aslong as I added two heavy exhaust fans. I decided to go with 2x Panaflo H1 High Performance 120mm and 6x SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm 1600 rpm Quiet Fan but is that a good idea? I tried to keep the CFM levels even, but it was hard unless I went with something like 2xDelta 120x38mm Ultra High Speed Fan . But that is just insane for the noise level. I'm not sure what to do.

I would however like to keep the 6x SCYTHE S-FLEX fans and come up with something different for exhaust, but i'm open to anything. I just want very good air flow with great temps with my setup, but lowest noise possible. I understand that it's almost impossible to have a quiet case with any 8 120mm fans but i'm not too concerned about the noise, just don't want those those crazy 190 CFM fans. I think I would be satisfied (Noise wise) with the those Panaflo fans I mentioned, but will they be enough as exhaust?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lol,

Remove the fan bracket on the side and go for a Ultra 120 (Thermalright).

Use 3xPanaflos at 7V.

1 intake, 1 exhaust and one for the thermalright.

Use 1 Scythe S Flex for the Top exhaust.

That will give you great temps with low noise.

The reason why I went with a Thermalright SI-128 is because I didn't want to do just that. I wanted to use all the side fans. And after thinking about the idea of the side fan sucking in air directly onto the SI-128 I fell in love.

I guess if 8 is overkill, then I shouldn't even bother with a stacker 830, but then again, I lke overkill :D

Back