• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case Fans . . . Do I need to replace?

jnick

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
2,888
I have a Lian-Li PC-65 Case, with the 4 case fans (1 Back exhaust, 1 top exhaust, 2 front intakes). I didn't mod the case adding any blowholes. I'm wondering if I would see a difference in temps if I changes out the four fans from the stock Lian-Li? I don't remember the exact specs of the fan, but I'll try to find them later and post them up for comparison.

I'm not sure if buying 4 "replacements" would improve temps in my case, or would it virtually be the same? Money is no issue, just trying to find out if it would keep my system even cooler.

Thanks :)
 
If money is no issue and neither is sound go get your dremel. But otherwise that is enough fans man .. thats alot of fans already i have 1 intake and 1 exhaust and my case temps are 29*c and i dont think i need it any cooler. BUt if you want it cooler get some vantec tornados well loud but push alot of air.
 
replace them with some coolermaster led fans 25 dba @ 32cfm and they can be had for 1.50$ on www.svc.com depending on the color :) Some mods i would suggest is to cut out that rear grill on the mobo tray remove the front filter ( i have done it and my case dosnt get too dusty and i get more airflow :p ) Also if u want cut out a small whole next to the power suply so u can route your wires behind the motherboard tray....Look in the Lian Li Gallery in the Case Mod section so you can get soem ideas etc.......
 
Whoops, forgot to mention that the one "mod" I did do was for the PSU wires. I made sure there were BARELY any wires insight, and blocking the main components. All wires are either behind the mobo tray to behind the HDD compartment.

I don't want more fans, but mnerely wanting to know if I should replace mine for better air flow/cooling.

I'll check out those coolermasters, thanks!

[EDIT]Also with fans, higher pressure is better? Or is lower better?
 
Back
Top