SidewinderX
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2004
- Messages
- 2,645
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I last built a computer (XP-M 2400+ at 2.4Ghz system), and I'm probably going to build something up this summer. Since it's been such a long time since I built a rig, I feel pretty behind on the current cooling components. (and this is a moderately inexpensive build)
a) What's a decent thermal compound now? I think the last stuff I used was Arctic Silver Creamique, but that's probably been outstripped by now.
b) What's a good, inexpensive, not-over-intense HSF? I'm either going to get an E7200 or an E8400 (depends on how much the job nets
). I'll probably end up OCing it some, but I'm not going to be trying to push it real hard trying to break benchmark records. Mostly, I want something that's not that expensive, but still provides good cooling
c) Case fans. I'm going to get a Cooler Master 590 case, so I'd like to buy 2 more 120mm fans (besides the ones that come in the case). Again, I'm not going to be heavily overclocking it, so I'm not all that concerned with massive airflow. I'd prefer a solid, but quiet fan to a screaming air pusher.
Anyway, thanks for the help guys!
It's been a while since I last built a computer (XP-M 2400+ at 2.4Ghz system), and I'm probably going to build something up this summer. Since it's been such a long time since I built a rig, I feel pretty behind on the current cooling components. (and this is a moderately inexpensive build)
a) What's a decent thermal compound now? I think the last stuff I used was Arctic Silver Creamique, but that's probably been outstripped by now.
b) What's a good, inexpensive, not-over-intense HSF? I'm either going to get an E7200 or an E8400 (depends on how much the job nets
c) Case fans. I'm going to get a Cooler Master 590 case, so I'd like to buy 2 more 120mm fans (besides the ones that come in the case). Again, I'm not going to be heavily overclocking it, so I'm not all that concerned with massive airflow. I'd prefer a solid, but quiet fan to a screaming air pusher.
Anyway, thanks for the help guys!