• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case fan suggestions for new build

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
3,775
I'm building my new rig soon and need some 120mm case fan suggestions.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Athlon X2 4400+ w/ X90 and Thermaltake Silentcat
2x512 OCZ 3200
eVGA 6800 Ultra
Antec P-180

I've been using Antec Smartcool variable fans in my Antec SLK-3700AMB, and like the cool 'n quiet feature, but would it be better to go with something like a Thermaltake Thunderblade (lots of air movement, very little noise)? Ideally, I'd like to put a blue led fan in the top of the 180 for lighting effects (so probably a blue Thermaltake thunderblade there), but in the front chambers and rear exhaust, I don't think looks will matter so much.

I don't mess around with case fans so much, so I'm a noob at this. Also, I understand the p-180 is pretty quiet, so maybe the noise level of the fans won't matter much once the case is all closed up....

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
drdeutsch
 
Yeah I'd recommend a panaflo they are good stuff. To be honest though if you are bargain hunting then check out some places like xoxide.com for example or directron. They have pretty good fan deals a lot of the time. Just look at the models they have and find one that has the CFM to Db Ratio you are looking for.
 
One other thing...If you are going to buy and AMD X2 then you might want to go for 2GB of ram.
If you only go with a gig each core is only getting about 512mb to work with. Not to mention 2Gb is just overall a better number :D
 
Back
Top