• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case fan hitting the MOBO Help!!!!

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,490








Ok if you cannt tell form the picture the 120mm fan of my Centurion 5 is hitting the PCB board of the Karajan audio module that is on my DFI Lanparty Ultra-D. So does anyone have a suggestion. I am very sad just got all my stuff in today and the MOBO wont even go in the case.

Could I use a hack saw and cut a notch in the 120mm fan for the board?
 
If you got a Dremel, You could cut a notch out of the Fan. How much would you have to cut into it?
 
not realyl any help herte, but a suggestion...thats onboard audio? usually onboards arent so great, not that i know of this particular DIF board or sound module. but why not throw in an PCI audigy or sblive or something?

just my .02
 
Well I have always had onboard and not had a problem with it so yeah.

I dont have a dremel could I use like a hack saw? Probably less than half an inch probably like a 4th of an inch, into the base of the fan not near the blades.

Anyone wana give me the OK? I really dont wana have to saw my 3hour old case if I dont have to anyone think of anytihng else I could do?

Ok fine, my dad said he has a dremel so yeah, its getting cut
 
So I cut the fan with a dremel and it all fits together nicely now. Now I just have to wait for my PSU to get here so I can really get goign and put everything together.
 
cut the chunk of the fan out. I did it on a fan to fit it on a heatsink once. You could use a file too if you want a smoother look.
 
Back
Top