Case/fan filters.

jctusmc03

Gawd
My Lian Li came with two of them already installed on it, however my friend is doing a new build (he's new to building computers) and I'm helping him pick out things that will help him have low maintenance. So I figured some fan filters would help him out a lot.

I know they decrease airflow, however he isn't really planning on doing any overclocking anyways so it's no biggie for him. What are the best brands to use that offer good airflow, but still block and bunch of the junk from going in, and are easy to clean?

Thanks for the help ahead of time. :D

these are nice filters & have a very fine mesh (like that found in a clothes dryer filters) but their magnetic frames are almost useless on aluminium pc case chassis.

the cheapest option is stocking material used in pantyhose. great filtering potential and not restrictive to air flow.

Okay, thank you for you suggestions thus far gentleman. Also, he does have an aluminum case as well.

What case is your friend using and what is the size of the intake fans?

You say you want to add dust filters so it will be 'low maintenance', well dust filters are very restrictive and need regular cleaning or they become even more restrictive. And if the case your friend is using doesn't have an easily removable front bezel like the Lian Li's do to get access to the filters, then it ends up being way more work than if he was to just clean the inside of the case with a can of compressed air every 6 months or so.

The fans are 120mm fans. Also, my filters do not require daily cleaning. I clean them once a week or so and they are usually fine. But I also don't have 50k animals running around my house, and I don't live in the middle of the Sahara. His case does have an easily removable front bezel as well, I made sure he got that.

I didn't like demciflex filters. Yes they filter well, but they also KILL airflow (side effect of good filtering...) Also, when I used them with GT 1850 fans they made a TERRIBLE air turbulence noise.

Back