• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case Fan - 2 Pin Connector Cap?

iRoNeTiK

Vodka Martinis are for the Weak
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
1,417
I have these 120mm case fans that have about 2 inches of wire coming out of them and at the end of it is two 2-pin male connectors that are just exposed. Is this for a fan controller/voltage controller or something? I think if they are uncapped they run at full speed, while if they are capped, they run at a lower RPM.

Is there a good way I can cover these pins up? Some kind of jumper?
 
A pic would for sure help to check the fan and pin.. How long are those male pins?..
 
Good idea. I would say they are 1/4" length, 1/8" apart

 
That looks like a 2 pin molex KK connector.

A standard 0.1 inch jumper will fit and connect the pins together but it will not completely cover the pins.
 
Back
Top