• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Case cooling

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
5,086
I have added some fans to my rig but my rear exhaust fan is weak.I am guessing around maybe 25cfm max.
I have a front intake fan about 34 cfm,a side exhaust fan about 30cfm,and rear exhaut fan about 20cfm.The side and front are both 80mm the rear is a 120mm.

Should I get a higher cfm rear exhaust fan?
I have a ati 4850 video card with the gfx chilla cooler mounted on it,it has 2 fans on the cooler I am gona guess they are 80mm.My temps dont go over 40 idle and 50 load on the card.
Wanted to know if I should get a high cfm fan like a 120mm scythe slip stream which produces around 110cfm for my rear exhaust or just leave it alone.

I have no clue about the whole pressure thing,I would figure getting the air out would be the most important but do you think my airflow is fine?
 
It's not going to help that much, really. But if you want better airflow, definitely get a 80+CFM fan for the rear exhaust. Personally, I'd go with that 110 CFM fan you mentioned. I have 2 for front intakes in my Antec 900 case, and they are awesome.
 
My video card is staying cool but I dont want anything else to be getting hot since the gpu cooler is blowing the air straight down.I have a fan in the side of the case about halfway up and it pushes out ok.The rear fan seems to not really be moving any air.It is really slow

Now if I go with a 110cfm rear exhaust that is under the psu will it mess with the other fans in the system since it is such a higher cfm rated fan?Also would it help pull in more air since it will be blowing out more then is coming in,kinda like pulling the air in thru the front of the case then pushing it out of the back? Thanks man
 
I say go for it, never hurt to have more air flow, but then again, that's coming from a guy with a pretty low power system and has 2 150+ CFM Delta fans and 3 more 80+ CFM case fans.

And yes, getting the exhaust out will help let more in, not only will it be "pulling" but making it easier for the others to "push" in.
 
I only have one fan for a inlet and it is in the front bottom of the case.
My video card is staying cool I think I will leave it alone for now
 
Back
Top