Case Concept

jfrydom

Weaksauce
Xfactorcase.jpg

That is a REALLY quick sketch of a case thats been buzzing around my head. The entire thing looks like an x from the "front" with the GPUs facing 45 degrees downwards. Given the shallowness of the case there is a hole over the motherboard which will utilize positive pressure to keep the dust out. This also allows tall heatsinks/GPUs to fit inside. The diagram doesn't reflect the dimensions but it is 19"x24"x30" (lxwxh). Each arm is also 7" in width. I'm not sure of some of the other specifics but tell me if this is at least feasible first.

Edit: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-isotope-mini-ix-chassis-bunka-uatx-inc-120gb-hd-1gb-ddr2-lg-dvdrw I found a retail case that looks like this albeit smaller.
SketchUp2011-02-0818-38-03-68.jpg

Last edited:
Something like this? My dimensions my differ a little but, it's about the same size. (SolidWorks)
xcase_01.jpg

xcase_02.jpg

It would be a pain in the butt, but anything is possible. The hardest part would be getting all your cards connected to your PCI slots remotely. Adapters and ribbon cables to reach your GPUs would probably results in performance loss. That BMW case is probably about as modular as any sane person would want to go, lol.

...cmadki4 Why would the cards be connected remotely, there would be a hole in the back (i changed my mind, there will be a back and a front). Also the case will be uniform in depth.

The sketch and description isn't exactly clear. I was assuming the graphics cards would be in the legs, one in each leg, therefore separate from the mobo requiring cables/adapters. Apparently I was incorrect.

If the mobo, and GPUs are all in the same leg then this build is cake. But I thought you'd appreciate a 3D model to chew on...

The sketch and description isn't exactly clear. I was assuming the graphics cards would be in the legs, one in each leg, therefore separate from the mobo requiring cables/adapters. Apparently I was incorrect.

If the mobo, and GPUs are all in the same leg then this build is cake. But I thought you'd appreciate a 3D model to chew on...

That does sound really interesting i'll have to look into it. However the legs were meant more for extreme watercooling in the future

Last edited:
That looks pretty Xtreme, but effing huge if you're going to fit your components inside of it.

That looks pretty Xtreme, but effing huge if you're going to fit your components inside of it.

Yeah, it would be pretty stinkin' big. It'd almost be like 4 SFF(slim) cases linked in an X pattern. BIG!

But I guess case modding doesn't much sense in the first place, it's just fun, lol

Back