Case / Component Question.

FenFox

Limp Gawd
I just cleaned out my computer with some compressed air and noticed a part / piece of plastic came out--It's 2 inches long with a little groove in it (looks like it might slip over something). I don't know if this part was from the case itself or off a component. Don't know if It's for aesthetics or if it actually served a functional purpose. I looked inside the case and I can't see where it would've come off of. Any guesses?

I've seen some GPUs that had a plastic cover over the PCI-e connector - possibly could be a similar part.

Which case are you using?

yeah looks like the little plastic thingie™ that slides over the GPU connector as SeymourGore said.

Think I found the part in this unboxing video of the Windforce 3 (check out the cover on the PCI slot).

Think I found the part in this unboxing video of the Windforce 3 (check out the cover on the PCI slot).

Can't imagine it being the cover for the PCIE connector since the card is installed in the motherboard, but looking at the video around the 1:59 mark there's a cover over the sli connection(top of the card) so that's probably it.

You still get the internet points though and FWIW win the internets for the day!

yup id say so. lots of cards come with one on there and on the pcie edge.

Back