Case capable of holding two triple radiators: stacked or individually

im pretty sure my ATCS 840 could hold a stack up top, if not then theres enough room to mount a triple up to and a double to the side of the hard drive rack with no modifications.

im pretty sure my ATCS 840 could hold a stack up top, if not then theres enough room to mount a triple up to and a double to the side of the hard drive rack with no modifications.

Checked with my HAF 932. IT looks like it might with only 3 fans. I should clarify, I mean with 6 fans.

A Silverstone TJ07 wouldn't fit 2 triples at the bottom with a PSU but you could place a quad and a double in the bottome compartment.

i agree the mountian mods cases are very nice i am currently thinking about getting one

Ahh didn't read that part. You can always put a rad grill in the top and have one outside and one inside. I understand you might want to have it all enclosed, and that's admirable, but for the money you save it might pique your interest. Just my $.02.

Let us know what you go with, I'd like to see how you work it out.

Ahh didn't read that part. You can always put a rad grill in the top and have one outside and one inside. I understand you might want to have it all enclosed, and that's admirable, but for the money you save it might pique your interest. Just my $.02.

Let us know what you go with, I'd like to see how you work it out.

I'd like to fit it in this rocketfish, but I kinda fudged the install. :eek:

I cut pretty accurately according to the radgrill template, but I can't get the radgrill, radiator, and case cut to line up with all of the screws. I'm currently only using 8 out of 12 screws.

Advice?

Pics? what rad? 8 out of 12 is close enough for government work...but if your anal...

And that's without the radgrill. With it, I can line up ~2 screws.

8 would be enough, if they were spaced out. There's an entire unsupported corner that sags and makes me uncomfortable.

Code:
|                                                  |
|                                                  |
[U]| X             O  O             O  O             O|[/U]

O = screw
X = no screw

I have an equivalent of 2x320 rads plus six hard drives, 2x water res, 2xmcp655 pumps and a whole bunch of light mods and 9x 120mm yate loon fans and i still have atleast 40% of space left in my u2ufo. If you are looking for a case that will allow internal mounting of rads with oodles of space you can't go wrong with a mountain mods case. I picked mine up for 3bill on sale @ ncix and they pretty much always have a perpetual sale.

I think you'll be absolutely fine with that unless it bugs you or rattles...

I have an equivalent of 2x320 rads plus six hard drives, 2x water res, 2xmcp655 pumps and a whole bunch of light mods and 9x 120mm yate loon fans and i still have atleast 40% of space left in my u2ufo. If you are looking for a case that will allow internal mounting of rads with oodles of space you can't go wrong with a mountain mods case. I picked mine up for 3bill on sale @ ncix and they pretty much always have a perpetual sale.

I'm not finding anything on NCIX's website. They carry Mountain Mods products, just not their cases.

Wow dude i guess you are right i checked and could only find accessories as well. Mind you i bought my case 6 months ago so they might have sold out of those cases. Keep your eye on the site as they get new stuff in regularly or with a little help from google you might be able to find it cheaper (possibly) somewhere else. It well worth the investment as it is pretty much impossible to be able to saturate the case as there is just mad room in there...

Wow dude i guess you are right i checked and could only find accessories as well. Mind you i bought my case 6 months ago so they might have sold out of those cases. Keep your eye on the site as they get new stuff in regularly or with a little help from google you might be able to find it cheaper (possibly) somewhere else. It well worth the investment as it is pretty much impossible to be able to saturate the case as there is just mad room in there...

I'm thinking I'll get a U2-UFO horizon with space for two 320s in front, which involves buying a create-your-own case. I doubt NCIX would carry that nyway.

What finish do you recommend? I'm thinking maybe the wrinkle finish, because it looks tough (like truck bed liner!). I'd hate to accidentally scratch it, and this seems like it'd be more resistant to scratches. Plus, if I got powdercoated black, I'd feel like I had to polish and clean the thing regularly.

I have a brushed aluminum ufo and love it. If it gets scratched, just take some steel wool to it :p But i run a 320 in the lower front and lower rear, because i have 2 of the MM 3 bay res in the front.

I have a brushed aluminum ufo and love it. If it gets scratched, just take some steel wool to it :p But i run a 320 in the lower front and lower rear, because i have 2 of the MM 3 bay res in the front.

pics?

these MM cases have me interested, I'd like to see more "in use" pics

Here's the anodized black. It's fine, but I'd probably go with the powdercoat or wrinkle finish next time (just because it's difficult to match items for the front bays). This is the CYO model - Duality front with horizontal motherboard.

505275835_KmRdu-M.jpg

505883011_fxYZm-M.jpg

505265288_WF7yp-M.jpg

509922690_KNY2T-M.jpg

Here's the anodized black. It's fine, but I'd probably go with the powdercoat or wrinkle finish next time (just because it's difficult to match items for the front bays). This is the CYO model - Duality front with horizontal motherboard.

Yours was actually my inspiration for the choice. :D

Would you choose wrinkle over powder? I can't decide whether I want all out bling factor, or the more subdued industrial look. The wrinkle has the added benefit of not detracting attention from the hardware inside.

How is it exactly hat you've got those graphics cards hooked up? It looks like you're using 4 direct connect fittings instead of 2. Is that colored tubing or colored fluid?

Hi Monkeypillow. I'd probably go powder coat, because I don't mind having to polish it. But I think the wrinkle fits with the industrial look of the MM cases ... and I haven't seen too many wrinkle coated cubes lately, so it would be a bit different.

I'm using Danger Den / Feser 3/8"x5/8" colored tubing with Feser One colored coolants. Prefer plain distilled, but wanted the color combos for this build.

It's hard to get a good pic of the GPUs without taking the top off of the case, but here's what the connections look like. Used Bitspower D-plugs to connect the cards, and 45 degree rotaries for the tubing.

486744145_J7dB7-S.jpg

Good Luck with your decision.

If I could get a list of the hardware you used (screws, etc.) and accesories (like that PSU cover), that'd be great.

Also, is that horizontal motherboard plate the wrinkle finish? If so, a full case done that way would look pretty good.

If I could get a list of the hardware you used (screws, etc.) and accesories (like that PSU cover), that'd be great.

Also, is that horizontal motherboard plate the wrinkle finish? If so, a full case done that way would look pretty good.

Not sure quite what you are looking for. Screws for the radiator/fans will depend on which ones you choose. The PSU opening cover comes with the case from MM. Other than that, it's a matter of figuring out what you want to put into the bays.

And yes, the horizontal brace is wrinkle coated ... they don't (or didn't when I ordered) make it in the anodized finish.

Shazza, just commenting once again on how beautiful your work is :) also thanks for the help on that drain line :) should be stopping by alex's shop this weekend to pick out the exact parts :D

You might be able to squeeze it in above the motherboard in a CM Stacker 810. There is at least 4in of clearance between a normal motherboard and the top in that case. If not, front of the case and the top would work.

Not sure quite what you are looking for. Screws for the radiator/fans will depend on which ones you choose. The PSU opening cover comes with the case from MM. Other than that, it's a matter of figuring out what you want to put into the bays.

And yes, the horizontal brace is wrinkle coated ... they don't (or didn't when I ordered) make it in the anodized finish.

I was specifically asking about the hardware used to assemble the case. From the pictures on their website, all I see is silver hardware, but yours is black.

I was specifically asking about the hardware used to assemble the case. From the pictures on their website, all I see is silver hardware, but yours is black.

Ahhh ... I see what you were asking. If you order a black case, it comes with black thumb screws which is how you put the sides on. You can also get an extra pack of them. Lot's of people use different screws for a different look. I find the thumbscrews easiest to use when I'm working with the case, as it's easy to remove panels.

It will also come with black plates for the HD holders. Basically, the case comes with everything you need to put it together, incuding the power/reset switches and front LEDs. It includes all the screws for assembly and the PSU opening cover. It doesn't come with Fans or fan grills.

Back