Skydivingcows
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2006
- Messages
- 13
I have this computer, a HP Pavilion m8120n, and I am considering putting it in my living room connected to a Samsung 56" dlp, Model: HL-T5687S and an Optical stereo system.
I have taken out the modem, 7350 video card and tuner card and replaced with a BFG 7600 GT OC and a Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card. I have an Antec 550 modular PSU.
The woman of the house is sick of seeing a computer in the living room so it's time to disguise it.
------------------
I could also use a suggestion on a nice motherboard and htpc case to place all of this and the tuner card in. The 7600 seems to work fine for now. I was thinking of buying a blue-ray drive and consider upgrading the video card at that time. I'd prefer that the case be black, bonus for piano black. I'm looking in the sub $200 range but all suggestions welcome.
The machine will mostly be used for watching DVD's, netflix, internet browsing along with WoW every now and then.
I have taken out the modem, 7350 video card and tuner card and replaced with a BFG 7600 GT OC and a Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card. I have an Antec 550 modular PSU.
The woman of the house is sick of seeing a computer in the living room so it's time to disguise it.
------------------
I could also use a suggestion on a nice motherboard and htpc case to place all of this and the tuner card in. The 7600 seems to work fine for now. I was thinking of buying a blue-ray drive and consider upgrading the video card at that time. I'd prefer that the case be black, bonus for piano black. I'm looking in the sub $200 range but all suggestions welcome.
The machine will mostly be used for watching DVD's, netflix, internet browsing along with WoW every now and then.