Case Airflow

jussA

n00b
hey, im planning to cut 2 holes on my side panel for my 80mm fans to go. i was wondering if this setup is the best for these fans for good airflow. here it is:

airflow.jpg

suggestions please. :)

IS that an HP I see? :rolleyes:

Sure... seems like a good setup considering there doesn't seem anywhere else to put them. Although I don't see the benefit in a PC you can't OC.

There isn't much room to work with in that case, is there? Looks like the front would take some work to get it to accept a fan. And putting a blowhole in the top of the case...doesn't look like that would work all that well, either.

As it is, sure, I suppose that setup would work. It's not ideal, but who gives a sh*t about ideal? Go with what will work.

This is what I would do: Put an intake blowhole approximately somewhere in between where you have marked for holes, take the shroud off the CPU fan and put in one of those PCI slot cooler blower fans for additional exhaust. Should provide good negative airflow. Although I must agree with the previous post about what good it will do. You won't be able to over-clock anything and it probably won't make your system any more stable. It would give you some valuable practice for a future project however. Good luck. :)

Originally posted by Captain Colonoscopy
This is what I would do: Put an intake blowhole approximately somewhere in between where you have marked for holes, take the shroud off the CPU fan and put in one of those PCI slot cooler blower fans for additional exhaust. Should provide good negative airflow. Although I must agree with the previous post about what good it will do. You won't be able to over-clock anything and it probably won't make your system any more stable. It would give you some valuable practice for a future project however. Good luck. :)

What do you mean by negative airflow? if you are meaning air pressure then you idealy would want positive pressure. The idea being that denser air conducts heat better than thinner air.

You could take the shroud off... but why? There is no need and it probably helps, seeing as it draws colder air from the outside.

Back