I'm looking for a 2nd set of opinions for my CarPC. I've been using the onboard Realtek audio and virtually everyone has stated at mp3car.com to switch to a PCI solution, however as for recommending a good replacement they're kind of silent on that.
CarPC Specs:
2x Infinity Kappa 692.9i (6x9 in the rear)
2x Infinity Kappa 63.9i (6.75 in front)
JL 300/4 powering all 4 speakers.
Intel D945GCLF2D
Using Winamp w/ RideRunner.
So given my specs, is there going to be a PCI solution that is overkill? I'd hate to end up buying a card that far exceeds the quality of my speakers/amp because I don't see myself upgrading those in the short or long term.
Should I be looking for an Audigy 2, or a X-Fi? Xonar?
edit: I did try a Creative USB sound card and it was... horrible. Worse than the onboard Realtek stuff.
CarPC Specs:
2x Infinity Kappa 692.9i (6x9 in the rear)
2x Infinity Kappa 63.9i (6.75 in front)
JL 300/4 powering all 4 speakers.
Intel D945GCLF2D
Using Winamp w/ RideRunner.
So given my specs, is there going to be a PCI solution that is overkill? I'd hate to end up buying a card that far exceeds the quality of my speakers/amp because I don't see myself upgrading those in the short or long term.
Should I be looking for an Audigy 2, or a X-Fi? Xonar?
edit: I did try a Creative USB sound card and it was... horrible. Worse than the onboard Realtek stuff.