Cards for coins

oblox

[H]ard|Gawd
As I am rapidly approaching the Xcel energy 60,000 kwh cutoff for double rates, I am looking at ways of moving from hash/$ to $/watt in terms of efficiency. I'm just curious (and this isn't a set-in-stone idea) if there is any interest with the fellow miners here for some 270/270x/280x/6950 cards. Since I'm a believer in crypto, I'd only be looking at selling the cards for BTC or LTC. I haven't even begun to think about pricing, probably around $190 of equivalent crypto for the 270s as a starting point. I figure this would be a win:win since I'm sure there are a few that would rather buys cards with some of their crypto rather than first exchanging to fiat. Just wanted to float the idea so I can weigh my options before moving forward with anything. Most, but not all, are undervolted, with all the cards being MSI and Gigabyte (I do have one Powercolor 6950 though w/ dual bios).

Last edited:
I am interested in what you are planning to move to?

I am down to 1 280x that is in my main rig for gaming and everything else is 750ti's.

I am interested in what you are planning to move to?

I am down to 1 280x that is in my main rig for gaming and everything else is 750ti's.

Haven't decided. I did build a couple 750ti rigs and don't mind that direction as an option. Perhaps even some gridseeds. Still to be determined and nothing I need to decide right this minute.

Just being honest with ya, but I wouldn't pay more than that for new cards.

Perfectly fine. This was more or less an interest check since the 270s aren't in stock all the time and most places don't accept crypto for them. It's for those that don't want to create a taxable event so to speak.

I'm trying to get 2 more 270s but I'm jaded since I was able to get 2 new MSI's for $180 each off Amazon 3 weeks ago. They still pop in stock you just have to watch them. Right now I have 2 Sapphire's on a 2-week preorder for $200 each with prime. I've tried to make offer's on ebay but nobody will go lower than $180 for used cards and since I'm thrashing them 24/7 I really want the warranty. Add to that the dropping price of alt-coins. Already had to exercise RMA with one of my 290s, barely a month old.

Back