Cardboard Box

pr0pensity

[H]ard|Gawd
macg5.jpg

Heavy duty aluminum foil glued to the bottom for grounding. Power supply and fans tethered to sides with twist ties. Excellent ventilation, small dust problem.

Sold the stock case.

My keyboard has no caps lock key, as it is evil.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why would you sell the one cool part of the mac just to replace it with a cardboard box?

hey he made money off of it ;) try modding the motherboard in a regular case.

i think it looks way better than the original case.

it almost looks like a normal computer!

almost:(

Originally posted by hardwired
i think it looks way better than the original case.

it almost looks like a normal computer!

almost:(

But it's still a mac

^i am just jekous, i really wish I had one...but still

WTF?!
Okay, now that the initial shock is over... Wow, those cases are worth a lot. :eek: But please tell my you're going to mod this thing into an ATX case..... Please? :(

ATX case? do I look like I'm made of money? If I could find a case for $30 that doesn't look as if it was designed by Stevie Wonder having a seizure, I'd do it.
I was thinking of building a case, but I can't find the screws.

i hate all of the led and neon things so i just wanted a plain case for my work computer and i got this. it is a very nice case for the price. it is all steel so thats a no go for a lan computer, but steel is better for noise control.

btw that pic they have makes it look like shit.

Nice... 435 bucks... was it hard to gut that thing? I'd assume they're not really built the be taken apart.

to retrieve $435, that's not a bad idea. I bet you could easily mod all the components into a decent looking $30 case, probably just have to drill and tap a few holes and you'd be set. It'd be safer for your hardware in the long run as well, doubt the cardboard box will hold up against time ;)

Back