card w/ drivers produces problems. help!

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
i have no idea whats going on. i took my card out to readjust my Thermalright V-1 Ultra on my 7800GTX, and when i put it back in, i started getting lines on the desktop.

it first started at the end of the first 3DMark05 test. it had started to artifact, so i immediately closed 3DMark. my cards runnin at 66C. i then realized that the fan on the V-1 hadnt been running, so i get that to work, bringin the card back down to 42C.

but that couldnt have been the issue, because 1) ive had it higher than that and it didnt artifact, and 2) the V-1 Ultra was also made to be a passive cooler. so high temperature was ruled out.

i then proceded to uninstall the drivers. i had downloaded Z-Tweaked 82.12 Drivers, and they were running great. but after i uninstalled the drivers the issue went away. so i reinstalled the Z-Tweaked, and the problem came back. uninstalled, and installed 82.65's. problem came back. uninstalled, installed normal 81.98 drivers. problem still here.

the first thing i had done before uninstalling the Z-Tweaked was i took it back down to stock frequencies. it was up at 525MHz/1.29GHz, but the problem still exists at stock speeds.

the readjustment of the V-1 has only helped, because it now idles 2C lower at 40C.

but as to what the issue is, i have no idea. heres a few screenshots so you can understand what im talking about: screeny 1 screeny 2

im going to go and return the CPU back to normal speeds (opteron 170 currently at 2.5GHz) and return w/ an update.

edit: you can try to find the issue in the first screeny, but its too difficult because photobucket took the liberty of resizing my pics :rolleyes: but the issue is very pronounced in the second shot.

UPDATE: CPU moved back to normal speeds, and the problem still persists. which can only mean that theres an issue either directly w/ software, or theres an issue w/ hardware that only the software brings out.

Back