• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Card recommendation

blarf

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
390
Hi Guys,

With all these cards available, i'm a little lost. I have an old HD6950 Graphics card at the moment and would like to upgrade.
I don't really have a budget but have enough to get a high end card (980ti) if needed. I just want to make sure i make the right decision (kinda). so here's what i need:

I have one of those ASUS 1080p monitor (144Hz) that i plan on upgrading in the future to a higher resolution one.

I mostly play the battlefield series (BF4, Hardline....), might play some Fallout 4 and Star wars.

I've been reading that some new cards are coming out in the near future (might be wrong) so what would you guys recommend?

Thanks guys
 
980 ti non reference model.
New cards will possibly in June costing about a grand.
 
a 390 for around 300 ish would do just fine imo...getting a 980ti wouldn't be a complete waste but they be worth half there value this time next year:D
 
The 390x is equivalent to a 980.
And a 390 can be easily overclocked to equal a 390x.
A 390 would be a wise choice. And get achieve similar specs to a 980 with a bit of tweaking.
And cost half as much.
 
If you plan to run at a higher rez, or even 144hz, you either need 2 980ti (to play at 144hz) or if you go with just 1 1440p monitor 1 980ti would be fine.

If you plan to go 4k, you will need 2 980ti.

But If i was in your position. I would wait until the new 14/16nm cards come out. I think all these 28nm will look silly in 4-6 months.

Just my 0.02c
 
I'm waiting until pascal to see if they're worth buying. Got a 970 to tide me over with my eye on a 980ti if pascal isn't as great as it's trumped up to be.
 
Back
Top